Graphic design desktop

REULINI

Hey guys. A friend of mine asked for a graphic design build and his budget is around 500-600 dollars. He does a lot of work with opencl. What would you recommend?

thanks in advance

CPU:  AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($117.97 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX US) 

Video Card:  Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card  ($170.66 @ Newegg) 

Case:  NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.72 @ Amazon) 

Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $640.94

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-17 15:39 EST-0500)

OS? Monitor? Keyboard? Sound? Mouse? Location (I assume US)?

Get that 7950 fast, the deal is epic

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX US) 

Memory:  Kingston Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.98 @ PCM) 

Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.65 @ OutletPC) 

Power Supply:  Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $640.94

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-17 15:39 EST-0500)

OS? Monitor? Keyboard? Sound? Mouse? Location (I assume US)?

Get that 7950 fast, the deal is epic

He can skip the cooler since he probably won't be overclocking and move down to a 970 chipset mb to save more cash.

Error: 410

He can skip the cooler since he probably won't be overclocking and move down to a 970 chipset mb to save more cash.

Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  ($87.55 @ Newegg) 
Total: $583.52
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-17 15:53 EST-0500)

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

He just needs the desktop, nothing else. thanks for the fast replies guys!

Will he OC? What programs does he use?

Need a copy of Windows?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Will he OC? What programs does he use?

He wont oc. He uses mostly adobe programs.

Need a copy of Windows?

No he doesn't.

Not enough details:

e.g. Adobe CS Premiere... needs Cuda, Adobe CC opened up for other GPUs, but is way to expensive on the long run and he can't open his projects after canceling the contract

Photoshop has plug-ins that also need Cuda, but still will work without the plug-ins...

No he doesn't.

Here you go: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/24QBV

Ssd for os, programs, and scratchdisk for virtual memory when working with large projects. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.