Dell XPS 15 or Thinkpad P51

Especially as you can save £100 on it at the moment.

you get higher built quality, a keyboard with more travel and basically everyone says is the best, it is made to run all the time. You will be able to get a better CPU, but you will have a worse GPU, unless they put something like M4000M in the P51, but it would most likely be a M2200 which is about a 965m or a M1200 which would be a 960m, so slower than a 1050.

I am not sure where you found the P51, since it isn't out yet...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

you get higher built quality, a keyboard with more travel and basically everyone says is the best, it is made to run all the time. You will be able to get a better CPU, but you will have a worse GPU, unless they put something like M4000M in the P51, but it would most likely be a M2200 which is about a 965m or a M1200 which would be a 960m, so slower than a 1050.

I am not sure where you found the P51, since it isn't out yet...

It's out in Australia, I was looking at the spec from that site.

Just now, wtt said:

It's out in Australia, I was looking at the spec from that site.

wait what link! It would be a better work machine, but worse gaming machine.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I'd rather have the thinkpad for the reasons you mentioned and because of the the snapdragon sim card option. But not sure I am able to wait till it comes out!

Just now, wtt said:

I'd rather have the thinkpad for the reasons you mentioned and because of the the snapdragon sim card option. But not sure I am able to wait till it comes out!

there is always the old P50, which should become a lot cheaper now

Do you think the modern processor is worth the wait? Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any other differences right?

1 hour ago, wtt said:

Do you think the modern processor is worth the wait? Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any other differences right?

Well the GPUs are different, the kaby lake CPUs are basically just skylake with higher clocks. It is up to you if you find it worth it