Should this "Water cooling" part of the forum be divided ?

Do you think there should be :

- All-in-one water cooling

- Custom water cooling

?

Yes I think there should be two different sections, like you said.

agreed! kind of a pain to browse through so many threads to find what you are looking for

Nope

I don't think there will be sufficient posts to justify a divided forum. Whilst custom water cooling is a vast and variable topic. The all in one solutions tend to come down to the following questions.

Is X any good?

Will X fit in my case?

Would you choose corsiar over nzxt for example.

Once they've been answered where else is there to go really?

It's just that I'm more the custom WC guy : you can discuss about performance of rads, pumps, blocks, etc

But with all-in-one.....seriously, you can ask for another fan, that's all. This is air cooling :p

It's just that I'm more the custom WC guy : you can discuss about performance of rads' date=' pumps, blocks, etc But with all-in-one.....seriously, you can ask for another fan, that's all. This is air cooling :p[/quote']

Agreed! there is no fun in a pre-done loop maybe those types of questions should just be posted in the air cooling section =P

i also think they should be separated.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Linus will ban your ass for comments like that xD

It's like LeeJC73 said. Closed-loops aren't yet atleast so popular that they would need whole subforum. Besides when new guy comes here and wants to know which he should get, custom or closed, there should be place for them to ask it and get good answers. Not something like "this is custom loop forum, go to other forum".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

honestly cant remember what i said, didnt figure it needed moderating, thought i was stating a person opinion. i have seen things get WAY worse on toms hardware, practically fist fights over the internet with derogatory language, they all fight over best answers. got tired of it and i know anything that comes from linus and slick will follow with typical canadian good nature.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

please put closed loops under air cooling.

i dont like people trying to compare their h100 with a nexXxoss 240 rad.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

can we do a poll? is there an option for that?

Well, I doubt it's gonna be a lot of work to split the topics, but I do not see too much of a reason for it either, but it would certainly make stuff more organized ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I tried to do a poll but it didn't work xD

Anyway I linked this topic in the Suggestion forum for Linus :)

I had the same thoughts but didn't dare to say it xD

someone had to right? :P

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Nope

I don't think there will be sufficient posts to justify a divided forum. Whilst custom water cooling is a vast and variable topic. The all in one solutions tend to come down to the following questions.

Is X any good?

Will X fit in my case?

Would you choose corsiar over nzxt for example.

Once they've been answered where else is there to go really?

Exactly this. If we made subforums for every difference in each topic we'd have like 100 subforums

Perhaps create a stick thread with all the most common questions and answers, just too help weed out all the regular questions

yes, there should be different sections for All-in-One systems and Custom loop systems.

this way the helpful information won't be misunderstood for that particular system.

airdeano