Best upgrade path for my storage and speed needs?

Hey LTT, been a minute!

Haven't been on here in a while, been out and about with life. <----(super boring, dont try)

So heres whats going on!
Currently in my computer I have a 1TB Samsung 850 Pro that, looking back on it, I spent way too much money on. It has about 50GB free and thats after I went through and deleted the games I am no longer playing. 
I am as of right now, saving up as much money as I can to buy a new Jeep at the end of the year. So I don't want to spend a fortune on my computer currently. It was suggested to me at work (Micro Center) that I put a 960 Evo M.2 in as my boot drive and then use my 850 Pro solely for game storage. I like this idea because of the speed, however for the price of the 500GB 960 Evo, I could be purchasing a 4TB WD Black or similar drive. The speed on the M.2 is fast yeah but currently with rapid mode enabled on my 850 Pro I am getting as follows:

Sequential Read/Write (MB/s)
4,471/4,319 
Random Read/Write (IOPS)
163,394/115,322

I love the speed. It's what I built this machine around. SO all of this being said, can anyone suggest any ideas? I will have an open m.2 slot, 2 HDD bays, and 1 more SSD slot after I move to the new case tomorrow night (Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX)

Any advice is much appreciated!!

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

Don't get such a big drive as boot drive, buy a 250GB SSD (if you want NVMe, the MyDigitalSSD is actually quite good and cheap), and you'll save buck like that while still having SSD performance. If you feel like you need more storage, just a good ole 2TB Hard Drive of any kind, you can put the games you're not currently playing there and move them around into the 850 Pro when you play them again.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR