Can steam os do this?

I've been in the process of remodeling my home and therefore, don't have an office to game in. I've been streaming games from my desktop to my potato laptop no problem via windows 10 but i need to setup a monitor any time i turn it off or my WiFi craps out. If i install steam OS on a second drive will it just turn on and immediately enable steam in-home streaming? If so, can i install steam OS on a flash drive and run it off that?

I think you can, but i'm not sure. You can try the following

- Install SteamOS with dual boot support

- enable the services that needs to boot on startup with 

systemctl enable <servicename>.service

make sure you don't have a computer newer then 3 years. SteamOS is now based on Debian 8 witch includes the 3.16 kernel, originally released on 3 Aug 2014.otherwise you can better wait at SteamOS versions based on Debian 9.

btw, at witch way do you want to stream, nvidia gamestream? steam gamestream? some other way?

On 4/30/2017 at 5:05 AM, ard1998 said:

I think you can, but i'm not sure. You can try the following

- Install SteamOS with dual boot support

- enable the services that needs to boot on startup with 

systemctl enable <servicename>.service

make sure you don't have a computer newer then 3 years. SteamOS is now based on Debian 8 witch includes the 3.16 kernel, originally released on 3 Aug 2014.otherwise you can better wait at SteamOS versions based on Debian 9.

btw, at witch way do you want to stream, nvidia gamestream? steam gamestream? some other way?

I plan on just using steam in-home streaming (The one built into steam) and all my parts are at least three to five years old. Budget build. Thanks!