Corsair HD120 RGBs, how do they hook up?

wdodge0912

So I'm looking at he corsair HD120 RGB fans and I see there is a box to hook all the fans to control the lights, a power plug to power it all, and a controller to set the lights. However, what I want to know is if each fan have to plug into this box, and also in the motherboard, or is the box also a fan hub? so the box plugs into one motherboard header, instead of all the fans? thus one wire from the motherboard to the box, and one wire to each fans from the box (knowing that it's 4 separate wires, but one wire pack I guess?

7 hours ago, wdodge0912 said:

so the box plugs into one motherboard header, instead of all the fans? thus one wire from the motherboard to the box, and one wire to each fans from the box (knowing that it's 4 separate wires, but one wire pack I guess?

Pretty much ^

The "box" or the hub, connects to the motherboard, then the fans will all connect to the hub..

18 hours ago, NotTayyeb said:

Pretty much ^

The "box" or the hub, connects to the motherboard, then the fans will all connect to the hub..

so it's only one connection to the board I need?

8 hours ago, wdodge0912 said:

so it's only one connection to the board I need?

yep! just going to be one 4 pin connector from the hub to connect to a 4 pin fan header on the motherboard :)