Looking for cheap mechanical keyboards

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB HyperX RAM

CPU: R5 3600 

Motherboard: ASRock B450 Fatal1ty gaming K4

What colour keys do you desire for your gameplay? You need RGB or just want?
Make sure you know what your buying :) Switches is the biggest point to consider imo, it will be the feel of your key strokes. I chose brown, Red I think are good for shooters.
I see you chose a Short one without number pad, if you don't use it than maybe the better deal tbh. However if you want one later you can always get one seperate. I got one without Arrow keys and made the keyboard quite small but it means you have to use num lock to get the extra keys. I only bought one Mechanical keyboard ever., It only has White LED and is medium size, RGB on the other hand is THREE leds per key. So if you get for asthetics, programable colours is much more to play with. The Red one for the same price does say it has macro support, yet so does my keyboard and I never figured out how to program it as it has no software I can find from Coolermaster and the instructions it came with are really only good for telling you the volume and led controls, macros may take some playing around with to figure out if your into that.. My mouse can kinda take over the macro part. If you want a good macro keyboard but however it is not mechanical I used to use the Logitec G11 but it was really big.

The RGB is expensive but it's just as much as the Red gamdias hermes so maybe you getting more value in LEDS. The Lan party is small and will be good if you want some extra deskspace, and save some money. The Volcano LanParty does look really nice if your willing to make the Trade off with number pad, Rgb, and macro according to the specs on the sight.

Again I don't see the type of switches so make sure you read the box carefully when you in store.

7 hours ago, Czeekaj said:

What colour keys do you desire for your gameplay? You need RGB or just want?
Make sure you know what your buying :) Switches is the biggest point to consider imo, it will be the feel of your key strokes. I chose brown, Red I think are good for shooters.
I see you chose a Short one without number pad, if you don't use it than maybe the better deal tbh. However if you want one later you can always get one seperate. I got one without Arrow keys and made the keyboard quite small but it means you have to use num lock to get the extra keys. I only bought one Mechanical keyboard ever., It only has White LED and is medium size, RGB on the other hand is THREE leds per key. So if you get for asthetics, programable colours is much more to play with. The Red one for the same price does say it has macro support, yet so does my keyboard and I never figured out how to program it as it has no software I can find from Coolermaster and the instructions it came with are really only good for telling you the volume and led controls, macros may take some playing around with to figure out if your into that.. My mouse can kinda take over the macro part. If you want a good macro keyboard but however it is not mechanical I used to use the Logitec G11 but it was really big.

The RGB is expensive but it's just as much as the Red gamdias hermes so maybe you getting more value in LEDS. The Lan party is small and will be good if you want some extra deskspace, and save some money. The Volcano LanParty does look really nice if your willing to make the Trade off with number pad, Rgb, and macro according to the specs on the sight.

Again I don't see the type of switches so make sure you read the box carefully when you in store.

I do prefer Brown switches, I'm fine buying a keyboard without numberpad becuase i can buy one separately later it costs ~10$. I've seen some reviews and found out that with red switches you can do a lot of typos. Blue is loud and clicky but some people told me that is not that good for gaming. I mostly play CS:GO. So when we're talking about switches I can't find any with brown switches in my range. :P Originally I don't really care about RGB or LEDS- but if it has blue/red LED's it would be nice. I've had a membrane keyboard with a lot of macro keys support and I haven't used it whatsoever. I've seen a surprisingly good keyboard on aliexpress and gearbest for it's price, but their reputation is so low and shipping times are insane. 
talking about this keyboard -> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-Quality-Motospeed-Inflictor-CK104-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Backlit-RGB-Ergonomics-LED-Light-Professional-Gamer-APR26/32679294609.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.10.lycAAl&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_10152_10065_10151_10068_10136_10137_10060_10138_10155_10062_10156_10154_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10103_10102_10096_10148_10147_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_10179_10181_10182_10078_10079_10073_10070_10123_10124,searchweb201603_2,ppcSwitch_3&btsid=9ad08cd6-4bce-42c4-9555-7bd73e3fa89c&algo_expid=416db425-6cbe-4d76-b17b-819756827acc-4&algo_pvid=416db425-6cbe-4d76-b17b-819756827acc

Which keyboard do you have that supports brown switches ? 

I have a Coolmaster Masterkeys M. Cherry mx brow with White Leds. It's not bad better than I thought but It's my first Mechanical tbh., I don't have wrist rest, but I find it's fine on a hard glass desk. I enjoy the Brown, you get a feel for it and can start to tell if you hit a key even without a full key stroke. But it does sit a bit high it looks like a thick sturdy construction. However never got tired of it. I just kind of picked it up at a local store, I was looking at Razer black widow but I have a buddy with one and all the extra siding on it made me turn too a more minimal small footprint keyboard like the masterkeys. 

I don't think it can customize as much as a Rgb (apperently there are custom profiles you can nab off the web and make yourself but I haven't figured it out or dug too deep into it how to download and install onto the keyboard) It says it does have a way too set up custom lighting and right on the keyboard you can set a brightness press a key too light it and just make a static but fully personalized set for each profile. A set up which is nice for games with isolated hotkeys and if a key is lit can be nice if it's getting dark, and can set the key lighting too suit your style or it has one that is like the Matrix Screen saver just mine is white. However the built in Effects are great even has an easter egg setting, you do get 3 Leds on Rgb White is one Led per key.The back of the board is White, so the light does reflect back up so it's pretty bright however you will see when it gets dirty under there so you can pull the keys out and brush it pretty easily but no way to remove all the keys quickly as I know of. Also as you probably will see the keys have transparent lettering, but the key caps are pretty simple themselves.

Which one would you say is better ? 

https://www.links.hr/hr/tipkovnica-coolermaster-masterkeys-pro-m-mehanicka-cherry-mx-brown-white-led-eng-usb-101200256
https://www.links.hr/hr/tipkovnica-roccat-suora-frameless-backlight-mehanicka-uk-layout-usb-crna-101200241

3 hours ago, Czeekaj said:

I have a Coolmaster Masterkeys M. Cherry mx brow with White Leds. It's not bad better than I thought but It's my first Mechanical tbh., I don't have wrist rest, but I find it's fine on a hard glass desk. I enjoy the Brown, you get a feel for it and can start to tell if you hit a key even without a full key stroke. But it does sit a bit high it looks like a thick sturdy construction. However never got tired of it. I just kind of picked it up at a local store, I was looking at Razer black widow but I have a buddy with one and all the extra siding on it made me turn too a more minimal small footprint keyboard like the masterkeys. 

I don't think it can customize as much as a Rgb (apperently there are custom profiles you can nab off the web and make yourself but I haven't figured it out or dug too deep into it how to download and install onto the keyboard) It says it does have a way too set up custom lighting and right on the keyboard you can set a brightness press a key too light it and just make a static but fully personalized set for each profile. A set up which is nice for games with isolated hotkeys and if a key is lit can be nice if it's getting dark, and can set the key lighting too suit your style or it has one that is like the Matrix Screen saver just mine is white. However the built in Effects are great even has an easter egg setting, you do get 3 Leds on Rgb White is one Led per key.The back of the board is White, so the light does reflect back up so it's pretty bright however you will see when it gets dirty under there so you can pull the keys out and brush it pretty easily but no way to remove all the keys quickly as I know of. Also as you probably will see the keys have transparent lettering, but the key caps are pretty simple themselves.

Masterkeys Pro M, and not because it's the one I use. it has 10 x the polling rate at 1000hz uses USB 2 while the other is still using Usb 1.1  and 100 hz
It still has number pad but you gotta use num lock to switch with arrows and the page up function. For the same price I'd go with the more preformance geared Keyboard Which is the CoolMaster pro M in this comparision.

The other one does say 1000hz anti ghosting, but at least on that site it says 100hz a bit later.
• Napredni anti-gohosting sa N-key rollover-om
• 100Hz polling rate
• Životni vjek od 50 milijuna klikova
• Multimedijske funkcije
• 6 programibilnih makro tipki

Dimenzije/Težina
Širina 12.5 cm, Visina 43.0 cm

Switch TypeCHERRY MX Brown
MaterialPlastic / Metal
Polling Rate1000 Hz
Repeat Rate1x / 2x / 4x / 8x (this is simple the rate at which a key will press if you hold it or even tap Good for StarCraft btw or any game with fast hotkeys. Not for FPS so switiching too x1 is really easy takes half a second.)
Response Rate1ms
MCU32bit ARM Cortex M0   (It has a processor)
On board Memory512KB
On-the-fly systemMacro Record and Lighting
CableDetachable with Micro-USB
Connector CableUSB 2.0
Cable Length1.5 Meters
Dimensions38.01 x 14.38 x 4.24 cm / 14.96 x 5.66 x 1.67"

look at the box instore, and try to ignore stuff that is obviously marketing tactics

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1304330-REG/roccat_roc_12_251_roccat_suora_fx.html

Actually It is 1000hz polling rate at 1ms I am sure. So they both seem really responsive, and kinda boils to preference. Big differences is the Borderless design, While master Keys has one it's pretty thin on the sides. You don't compremise with the Arrow keys and page up and down which is nice for Arma3 at least but still ways around adjusting your sights. Even if you key it too your mouse.

The Frameless  Design seems easier too get stuff out from under just by tipping the board which would be really convienient if you happen to ever eat at your desk but hair and fur might take using a key puller and brushing it out.

The Master keys has Volume but it's tied too the number pad and the Fn key which is pretty simple and quick to use, just like Changing the brightness. Only thing I'd consider if you'd get use out of the Repeat Rate, If not I'd consider it at same price point for Rgb, It's a bit wider but Master keys is a bit taller but some of that is the edge around top and bottom is quite thick.

Hello Lolcrokn!

I do not recommend buying a cheap mechanical keyboard.

I understand that some people may not have that much money to spend on peripherals,

but when it comes to keyboards and mice, I recommend spending a little bit more, just for quality and functionality.

Here is a small overview on the Vengeance K65 Compact Mechanical Keyboard.

"Vengeance K65 is the compact high-performance mechanical gaming keyboard for travelling gamers or anybody who has limited space. The full-size key spacing won’t throw you off your game, and the Cherry MX Red key switches give you smooth, linear key response for ultra fast double and triple taps without the audible click.

There’s 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover on USB for accurate gameplay, no matter how fast you are. And, the travel-friendly detachable braided cloth USB cable has cable management for quick and easy stowage."

A cheap and very good keyboard that I've had experience with.

However it may not fit your budget, since the retail price sits at 90$.

I can provide with a link to the Cosair K65.

Link to K65 - http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/vengeance-k65-compact-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

I hope this information will help you decide on what keyboard to get.

I wish you the best of luck in your search!

On 5/5/2017 at 0:00 PM, T-Bear said:

Hello Lolcrokn!

I do not recommend buying a cheap mechanical keyboard.

I understand that some people may not have that much money to spend on peripherals,

but when it comes to keyboards and mice, I recommend spending a little bit more, just for quality and functionality.

Here is a small overview on the Vengeance K65 Compact Mechanical Keyboard.

"Vengeance K65 is the compact high-performance mechanical gaming keyboard for travelling gamers or anybody who has limited space. The full-size key spacing won’t throw you off your game, and the Cherry MX Red key switches give you smooth, linear key response for ultra fast double and triple taps without the audible click.

There’s 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover on USB for accurate gameplay, no matter how fast you are. And, the travel-friendly detachable braided cloth USB cable has cable management for quick and easy stowage."

A cheap and very good keyboard that I've had experience with.

However it may not fit your budget, since the retail price sits at 90$.

I can provide with a link to the Cosair K65.

Link to K65 - http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/vengeance-k65-compact-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

I hope this information will help you decide on what keyboard to get.

I wish you the best of luck in your search!

sponsored by corsair dafuq is this ? 

15 hours ago, Lolcrokn said:

sponsored by corsair dafuq is this ? 

What? I don't think I'm important/famous enough to be a sponsor for Corsair. I'm just a nobody that wanted to help a fellow keyboard enthusiast :)

Lolcrokn gave us three links to check out asking for some advice regarding those keyboards.

The only keyboard I have personal experience with is the K65.

The small "overview" in my post is actually from Corsairs own website.

More specificly it's the overview from the K65. :)