Doom on a 750ti

silentstorm161

Just purchased DOOM off cdkeys.com and just wanted to know what i can expect playing on a:

I7 7700K

750ti

16gm ram 

I know the 750ti is a low card but its what i have till i have the money to upgrade. 

I'm sure you'll be able to run it on low-medium settings. Prolly wont be hitting 60 fps but it should be playable.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

doom is a very optimized game, low and medium setting with some tweaked settings you should be able to hit 60 fps. 

I use NVIDIA Ge-force Experience to optimise my games. Not sure how good that software does at optimizing but it's done okay for me so far.

9 minutes ago, silentstorm161 said:

I use NVIDIA Ge-force Experience to optimise my games. Not sure how good that software does at optimizing but it's done okay for me so far.

It's very bad XD. I heard so many stories, of how Geforce experience fucks up the game badly. Like the overuse of Tesselation in The Witcher 3, which gives you no visual improvement (from a certain point), but decreases FPS by more than 20.

Turn it down to low-medium and you'll probably hit 50-60fps. Although I'm wondering why you bought a low-end Kepler card and paired it with a high-end Kaby Lake CPU...

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

23 hours ago, N1ghtshade said:

Turn it down to low-medium and you'll probably hit 50-60fps. Although I'm wondering why you bought a low-end Kepler card and paired it with a high-end Kaby Lake CPU...

Odds are that it's a card that OP had on hand already when the PC was bought/built. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

6 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Odds are that it's a card that OP had on hand already when the PC was bought/built. 

Most likely

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

On 30/04/2017 at 0:28 AM, N1ghtshade said:

Most likely

Yeah when I built the system I took my old graphics card as I didn't have enough to get one but I am in the process of saving up for a better one. 

58 minutes ago, silentstorm161 said:

Yeah when I built the system I took my old graphics card as I didn't have enough to get one but I am in the process of saving up for a better one. 

Alright that's what I figured. In any case, you will most likely get ~50fps if on medium-ish settings. Also I believe there's a console command that turns off shadows, but gives you about a 15fps avg frame boost, so you might want to look into stuff like that

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540