Paint used on Corsair Carbide Spec-03?

Hi everyone,

So the Corsair support page is acting weird and won't let me log in. I recently chipped the paint on my Carbide Spec-03 and I want to paint over it but at the same time i don't want it to mismatch. I was just wondering if anybody knows exactly what paint they use or something that looks a lot like it. I know it has a metallic flake and is most likely made at their factories, but if any of you know of a paint that is similar, that would be great.

Just now, VicciVicVic said:

Hi everyone,

So the Corsair support page is acting weird and won't let me log in. I recently chipped the paint on my Carbide Spec-03 and I want to paint over it but at the same time i don't want it to mismatch. I was just wondering if anybody knows exactly what paint they use or something that looks a lot like it. I know it has a metallic flake and is most likely made at their factories, but if any of you know of a paint that is similar, that would be great.

Bring a small portion of the case like a small panel or bracket to an automotive store you can get paint touch up kits and try to match the paint as close as possible.

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Bring a small portion of the case like a small panel or bracket to an automotive store you can get paint touch up kits and try to match the paint as close as possible.

The problem is, there are no autoshops where I live and it's the top panel, which as far as I know, you can't remove.

8 minutes ago, VicciVicVic said:

Hi everyone,

I have that case, it looks like a pretty common black, as long as it's very block and you can mimic the texture it should look ok. 

Yours faithfully

4 minutes ago, VicciVicVic said:

The problem is, there are no autoshops where I live and it's the top panel, which as far as I know, you can't remove.

It doesn't need to be a large panel a bracket like the PCI-E or small part that is pontes will do. It's going to be hard to match it without going directly to a place.

home depot can do what @W-L is suggesting as well 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

home depot can do what @W-L is suggesting as well 

Where I live, there is no Home Depot. I should probably be able to go to my local hardware store though, right?

Just now, VicciVicVic said:

Where I live, there is no Home Depot. I should probably be able to go to my local hardware store though, right?

If they have a paint department its possible 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/