UPDATED: AMD VEGA possibly launching with Quake Champions (and not Prey)

Videocardz has leaked an interesting looking package that hints the RX VEGA may launch simultaneously with Quake Champions and not Prey -

Our friends from Informatica Cero have just contacted us to share this interesting picture. A picture of Radeon RX Vega packaging, a special edition either bundled with Quake Championship or optimized for this particular game. There are no other details available so we can only speculate. Neither Quake Championship nor RX Vega has official launch date, so this leak might suggest that both will arrive at the same time.

The packaging list DirectX12, Vulkan and Radeon Chill, so nothing extraordinary that would be different from other Raden RX 500 series cards.

There is no confirmed launch date at this time, but so far everything suggests that Radeon RX Vega will launch at Computex.

You can check the page yourself here.

There is no confirmed launch date for Quake Champions either ...(an a la Vega thing lately)

Updated with picture -

AMD-Radeon-RX-Vega-Quake-Championship-1000x562.jpg

Edited by YoloSwag
Added picture. It's Quake Champions, not Championship.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I heard the latest version of Geforce Experience was also giving demo access to this game?

Wanna play it bad...

I was looking forward to the continuation of the Quake story. You know, single player and all, but with DOOM graphics. Dang, I remembered the strogification process back then made me puke

Strogify -

Spoiler

changed for better quality...

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Wanna play it bad...

ME TOO!!! i got 100mbps up and down net but for some retarded reason bethesda are running their servers on potatos...(im downloading it for ~22H) :(

+ they dont know how to code....59034110173cf_Screenshot2017-04-2816_15_58.png.80cf0cc10331384dc03677673a1fcbd4.png

14 minutes ago, Mr.Cunt said:

ME TOO!!! i got 100mbps up and down net but for some retarded reason bethesda are running their servers on potatos...(im downloading it for ~22H) :(

+ they dont know how to code....

nice 103% downloaded...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

i just restarted download, seems to go fine... its already up to 14%, says 1h left

Looks more like Quake packaging than Vega to me. Pretty sure it's fake...

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

2 hours ago, Mr.Cunt said:

i just restarted download, seems to go fine... its already up to 14%, says 1h left

Nice name.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

22 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Nice name.

THX! :D

For some retarded reason it slowed down back to the "normal" speed (normal  == stupidly slow :( )

quake champions is using idtech engine with vulkan. Ideal showcase for AMD...

Yeah, awesome, screw Prey really they don't give demo to PC they completely ignore PC side, who knows how it will run and be. 

For Vega release Quake Champions is way better to bundle. I play it and it's really fun :D

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, Humbug said:

quake champions is using idtech engine with vulkan. Ideal showcase for AMD...

Actually it doesn't run on id Tech 6 engine (DOOM 2016), but instead works on hybrid engine made of id tech and Saber Tech though. So Vulkan is not native but it will definitely be added in future beta patch.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

14 hours ago, Carclis said:

Looks more like Quake packaging than Vega to me. Pretty sure it's fake...

It says "Radeon RX VEGA" right on the box and "AMD" is printed on both sides of the box.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

lol, and why would it be quake and not prey ? why not both ?

AMD and nvidia often run multiple game bundles at the same time, dirt rally, total war warhammer, doom, etc,  nvidia with for honor, ghost recon, watch dogs2...

16 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I heard the latest version of Geforce Experience was also giving demo access to this game?

Wanna play it bad...

It's honestly, bad.

2 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

It says "Radeon RX VEGA" right on the box and "AMD" is printed on both sides of the box.

Yeah but anyone looking at the package would have to look a lot closer to establish that It's a video card. You don't put game advertisements at the forefront of your packaging, you put the logo there. The other giveaway here is that Quake Champions is a free to play game. Why would you bundle a free to play game?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Yesterday, AMD went a step too far with the latest Radeon software update for its graphics cards by forcing a shortcut on to Windows PC desktops.

Anyone opting to download the latest Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 software for their graphics card yesterday was presented with a desktop shortcut for Quake Champions after installation. According to VentureBeat, double-clicking the bit.ly shortcut took you to the Quake Champions beta test signup page.

Clearly a promotional deal had been done with Bethesda to get this link included with the Radeon software update. But that's not the problem here. The problem is users didn't have a choice in the matter. During installation there was no option to not add the shortcut. All you could do was delete it after the fact.

LOL.

11 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Actually it doesn't run on id Tech 6 engine (DOOM 2016), but instead works on hybrid engine made of id tech and Saber Tech though.

Yep, but either way id knows what they are doing in terms of tech. John Carmack's heritage and training LOL...

Vulkan and DX12 require technically competent devs...

13 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

It was a bad move, to be sure, but you have to give them credit for listening to the users and removing the shortcut almost immediately.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I am just excited for Vega, I am currently on a 760 3GB

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 5800x
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Strix B550
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz 32GB (16x2)
  • GPU
    EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080TI
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe SSD | WD Green 2TB HD | WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 850W
  • Display(s)
    Asus 1920x1080p 144hz
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Master Liquid 240
  • Keyboard
    Logitech Pro TKL
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Logitech G733
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

3 hours ago, StepinCurry said:

I am just excited for Vega, I am currently on a 760 3GB

now that's a monumental upgrade! You will love it.

reminds me of when I switched from geforce 9600gt to my current R9 290

Who gives a shit? Seriously AMD are you that fucking insecure of your product that you have to attach to Bethesda's fame and money to support the launch? I am almost certain they had a release date for April but pushed it back to take the Beth cash.

This is fucking pathetic: letting a money grabbing whore company like Bethesda dictate your hardware schedule means that you basically loss the battle already: Publishers should be dancing to your fucking tune not the other way around.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Who gives a shit? Seriously AMD are you that fucking insecure of your product that you have to attach to Bethesda's fame and money to support the launch? I am almost certain they had a release date for April but pushed it back to take the Beth cash.

This is fucking pathetic: letting a money grabbing whore company like Bethesda dictate your hardware schedule means that you basically loss the battle already: Publishers should be dancing to your fucking tune not the other way around.

10 hours ago, Carclis said:

Why would you bundle a free to play game?

This happens all the time. When I bought my ASUS Z170 motherboard a couple of years ago it included a voucher code for World of Warships which is a free to play game. The code gave me some items and in-game currency. A couple of years before that I bought a Sapphire R9 290 and it included a code for Star Citizen, while it's not free to play, it gave me an exclusive space ship, though you still need to buy the game. Not every bundle is a full game.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

10 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

This happens all the time. When I bought my ASUS Z170 motherboard a couple of years ago it included a voucher code for World of Warships which is a free to play game. The code gave me some items and in-game currency. A couple of years before that I bought a Sapphire R9 290 and it included a code for Star Citizen, while it's not free to play, it gave me an exclusive space ship, though you still need to buy the game. Not every bundle is a full game.

My question was a bit unclear. Why would you make content for a free to play game the main draw of attention, even so as to  put your own products name off to the side? I mean it's pretty safe to say that the RX Vega is going to be a $500+ card and you don't buy from that price point for a small freebie like that.