First Mechanical keyboard

I've been looking around for a mechanical keyboard for about a year now, and i can't decide what to get and which cmpany to consider buying from. I've decided i like MX Brown switches the best. I have tried the Das keyboard Professional 4, but I felt it was too "tall" (Had to stretch my fringers to reach keys).

I've looked at getting a Ducky Shine, or a CM Masterkeys L, but I just don't know what is the best option. I do want a 100% (with the numpad)

Suggestions/advice welcome!

There are many keyboards out there and it's hard to pick one, but I can say that I have the Cooler Master CMStorm Mech and I love it. It's not RGB or anything shiny like that but I really, really like it. The only downside is the fact that it's a bit too big and it takes a lot of space on my small desk, oh and also it's a bit pricy.

G610 ?

I'm using G810, but it has g-romer switches. It feels just great for me.

I did test 610 with brown and red switches ... both felt amazin aswell, but I still prefered 810 ... not sure why, but it just feels much better. Go to store where they are selling those keyboards and try them a bit. That's what I did.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Get the Masterkeys Pro L. I have the TKL version, and it's amazing.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

i have the corsair strafe rgb (mx silent keys) i like it a lot and find it very comfy to type on

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

A duckly is like the holy grail of mechanical keyboards, imo :D

It's just personal preference tbh. I have a keyboard with MX blues and a cheap-ass mechanical one with fake mx blues and i both like them. 

Just get what you think is the best for you. Apart from the switches and possible LED's there isn't much difference between them.

Just DO NOT get a razer :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, CatXice said:

i have the corsair strafe rgb (mx silent keys) i like it a lot and find it very comfy to type on

I thought about that one too.. However i've heard that it's pooror build quality (since it's all plastic).

I want to have a keyboard made of metal

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Just DO NOT get a razer :P

Haha, that's out of the question.

Just now, Karokiyu said:

I thought about that one too.. However i've heard that it's pooror build quality (since it's all plastic).

I want to have a keyboard made of metal

it has literally no movement in the keyboard its solid no flex nothing and the keys at all double shot i swap between the fps and mobo and normal key caps a lot and theres no sign of wear or the plastic on the key or the key caps deforming at all

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

22 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Get the Masterkeys Pro L. I have the TKL version, and it's amazing.

Have you used a CODE keyboard before? I've considered this as well

1 hour ago, Karokiyu said:

Have you used a CODE keyboard before? I've considered this as well

No, but Filco boards are nice, so are Ducky ones.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The Das Keyboard Professional 4 was touted as one of the slimmest mechanical keyboards (with full height keys)

If that is still too tall, I suggest the Tesoro Gram Spectrum

It uses Kailh switches (they imitate Cherry MX characteristics by corresponding color) but a specially made short actuation version for the Gram

Comes in white and black, switches in blue or red (clicky and linear respectively) No brown switches in sight unfortunately

I did consider the Tesoro Gram. I love the design of the board, just, I want Browns. This is not available in browns, sadly. I looked at this keyboard for a long time, but I've heard that the key travel is not "smooth". And, it ony comes in Red/Blue variants. I dont really like the clickyness of blues.

I use a coolermasterkeys M , it has number keys but it;s shared with Page up and arrow keys.

It's fairly tall, maybe you should invest in a Wrist rest. I see lots on Mass Drop made of wood. Just find one that's the right size I guess is tricky part.