LTT Scrapyard Wars with RGHD

H0R53

Many of you may know a YouTuber by the title of RandomGamingInHD that does budget gaming PC stuff.

I think it would be really awesome if LTT invited him to Scrapyard Wars, as RGHD has tons of videos on 'budget', 'scrap', etc. videos and I'm sure he'd love to do a video with Linus.

He does all of this entirely on his own.

Here's a few of his videos:

Not quite tech news :P

Also he lives in the UK so it'd be an expensive collab video to make, paying for flights etc.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

16 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

He does all of this entirely on his own.

Actually he gets a lot of help from his buddy Darren :P 

Totally agree though, it would be quite amazing if they could at all get along and get over the transport prices...

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

Moved thread to general discussion

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

15 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Also he lives in the UK so it'd be an expensive collab video to make, paying for flights etc.

Not really, LTT has some decent money, and flights aren't overly expensive.

I'd also would like to see this colaboration. And I think RGHD would win, when looking at FPS/currency unit.

44 minutes ago, ArduinoBen said:

Not really, LTT has some decent money, and flights aren't overly expensive.

he also needs transport from and too the airport and basic needs such as food roof etc.

16 hours ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I'd also would like to see this colaboration. And I think RGHD would win, when looking at FPS/currency unit.

Win? he'd DESTROY Linus and Luke, lol. I mean I built my main PC (in signature) for less than $300 (promotional discounts, etc) but damn...RGHD is the king of budget builds.

Not saying anything about Austin Evans...

15 hours ago, tlink said:

he also needs transport from and too the airport and basic needs such as food roof etc.

Still fairly cheap, heck I lived off of hot pockets and ramen for 8 years (HS and university). Transport can be done by Linus if he's willing or RGHD may be able to rent, etc. Airports make special license exceptions for visitors.

2 hours ago, H0R53 said:

Still fairly cheap, heck I lived off of hot pockets and ramen for 8 years (HS and university). Transport can be done by Linus if he's willing or RGHD may be able to rent, etc. Airports make special license exceptions for visitors.

yes but expecting someone else to do that is unrealistic and unhealthy.

RGHD does everything via eBay, making use of specific sales that catch his eye in the moment.  It's not so comparable to Scrap Yard Wars where you're operating in a local used market and you have a narrow window of time.

Honestly, anyone could DO what RGHD does, if they wanted to invest the time into scoping eBay every day for just neat oddball old P guts for five bucks.  It's that he is the one who invests that time to do it and produced the content to appeal to that niche.  Granted, the FACT that his content is largely 'Luck of the eBay Draw' is what I feel makes it interesting.  There's some surprise to it, like a geeky retro fortune cookie.

Ignoring the distance. I don't know if I would want to see the RGinHD in scrap yard wars. I like what he does now and I am unsure if it would be worthwhile for him appear on scrapyard wars.

so it's not a no for me, just a I don't know.

On 4/28/2017 at 7:59 AM, H0R53 said:

Dennis could drive him... xD

We would get a 2 for 1: scrapyard wars, and a potential Channel Super Fun Video of RGHD hanging onto the door of Linus' Ferrari as Dennis speeds down the highway in first gear.

This could be awesome!

On 29/04/2017 at 4:34 AM, AshleyAshes said:

RGHD does everything via eBay, making use of specific sales that catch his eye in the moment.  It's not so comparable to Scrap Yard Wars where you're operating in a local used market and you have a narrow window of time.

Honestly, anyone could DO what RGHD does, if they wanted to invest the time into scoping eBay every day for just neat oddball old P guts for five bucks.  It's that he is the one who invests that time to do it and produced the content to appeal to that niche.  Granted, the FACT that his content is largely 'Luck of the eBay Draw' is what I feel makes it interesting.  There's some surprise to it, like a geeky retro fortune cookie.

He doesn't do everything via eBay as he also uses CeX (which he might have a local store as well as having to deal with purchasing online like with one of the AMD processor videos) which wouldn't be available in Canada (as far as I'm aware, there's aren't any stores or online services) and all the purchases would have to be done in a set period of time (and be cash as well).

3 hours ago, demonix00 said:

He doesn't do everything via eBay as he also uses CeX (which he might have a local store as well as having to deal with purchasing online like with one of the AMD processor videos) which wouldn't be available in Canada (as far as I'm aware, there's aren't any stores or online services) and all the purchases would have to be done in a set period of time (and be cash as well).

It's more than just cheap ebay parts though. There's skill in budget hunting, I've gotten better at it over time. I've followed the SYW videos and sometimes asked "why did you do that" when there are much cheaper alternatives.

On 4/29/2017 at 4:23 AM, H0R53 said:

Hey, it's not my job to figure this shit out. Can someone tag Linus and Luke in this?

if you want to tag anyone for that matter just type @ and then their name like @LinusTech I really gotta stop tagging him though, it's on the verge of spam. 

Edited by Lord Nicoll

Yours faithfully

I though Bryan from Tech City was going to do a Scrapyard Wars with them, the dude is a beast in budget builds, he even talked about it with Luke while they were at PAX last year...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

9 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I though Bryan from Tech City was going to do a Scrapyard Wars with them, the dude is a beast in budget builds, he even talked about it with Luke while they were at PAX last year...

So am I, I built a PC out of server-grade parts that's BETTER than the one in that video for about $285. My case (Vivo Athena) cost only $35 and free shipping. My GTX 1050ti SSC was practically free...

43 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

So am I, I built a PC out of server-grade parts that's BETTER than the one in that video for about $285. My case (Vivo Athena) cost only $35 and free shipping. My GTX 1050ti SSC was practically free...

Well, you have to consider the fact that he bought everything for the best prices he could at the time.

Your 1050TI alone costs US$160, what was the deal that you got on it?

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

1 hour ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Well, you have to consider the fact that he bought everything for the best prices he could at the time.

Your 1050TI alone costs US$160, what was the deal that you got on it?

You'd be amazed by what you can get from the Chinese. Sometimes I wonder if the sellers are getting their items legally, but that's none of my business. It shipped new, in its original box, the only thing wrong was that the plastic wrap was ripped and the manual and driver CD were missing. The EVGA tape holding the ESD bag together wasn't even ripped.

15 hours ago, H0R53 said:

You'd be amazed by what you can get from the Chinese. Sometimes I wonder if the sellers are getting their items legally, but that's none of my business. It shipped new, in its original box, the only thing wrong was that the plastic wrap was ripped and the manual and driver CD were missing. The EVGA tape holding the ESD bag together wasn't even ripped.

What site did you get it from out of curiosity? Do they take bitcoin? I'm looking for a cheap GPU at the moment.

18 hours ago, Aw_Ginger_Snapz said:

What site did you get it from out of curiosity? Do they take bitcoin? I'm looking for a cheap GPU at the moment.

Most chinese used electronics sites sell things much cheaper than we do in the US, often with free shipping. You need to make sure that the sellers ship internationally though.

http://www.jd.com/

https://world.taobao.com/