Help with upgrading my sff prebuilt

Dotmidi

Hi , 

i have recently been thinking about upgrading my prebuilt to make it more graphically capable. 

Specs of my prebuilt : lenovo e72 sff

i5 4460s

4gb ddr3 1600mhz no brand name

1tb wd green 

240w psu

i have no knowledge of 12v rails , amps and whatever , i was wondering what low profile gpu i would be able to put in my prebuilt along with another 4gb of ram.

thanks

IMG_7239.JPG

IMG_2733.JPG

To get a GPU make sure to get a new PSU, 240w will get you nowhere.

Aside from that you'll need to check the RAM compatibility with that motherboard, you do that through the manufacturers homepage.

Neext will be the physical size avaliable in the chassi so either measure that out yourself according to which GPU you want to buy.

PSU size will also matter. (physical size)

3 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

To get a GPU make sure to get a new PSU, 240w will get you nowhere.

Aside from that you'll need to check the RAM compatibility with that motherboard, you do that through the manufacturers homepage.

Neext will be the physical size avaliable in the chassi so either measure that out yourself according to which GPU you want to buy.

PSU size will also matter. (physical size)

The psu size is ( i think ) a customs size built for the pc , even if it isn't the mobo has a 14 pin motherboard header. The ram is standard ddr3. 

Thanks for your reply!

3 minutes ago, Dotmidi said:

The psu size is ( i think ) a customs size built for the pc , even if it isn't the mobo has a 14 pin motherboard header. The ram is standard ddr3. 

Thanks for your reply!

It is most likely a size specific to the case yes, but it's almost guaranteed to be an "official" size like 'ATX', which, by the way, is my guess.

Well okay it is DDR3, but even if a motherboard supports DDR3 it DOES NOT support all DDR3 RAM, that's why I suggest looking up specifics about that in the manufacturers homepage.

Without frankenstiening the components into a new case, you'd be best gping with a laptop GPU, but a powerful one.

I'd suggest also posing about the stuff you said you didn'y understand as I and many other people here on the forum can helkp you with that too.

@MVPernulaYep. He will probably need a better power supply, but could get past if he picks a very low power laptop GPU.

Also, what is your budget here?

You might be able to squeeze a 1050ti on that PSU. Potentially.

You'd need to research the power draw of the components already in there though.