Splitter questions regarding PWM and power.

Watashi

So to my understanding this splitter's molex connector provides power to the wires and ultimately to the fans. And The 4 Pin female connector is for the motherboard so it can send/receive PWM signals. Is this accurate? Also I always thought until now that PWM was just another way to deliver power. Please my sweet enthusiast brethren, provide me with some clarity!
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812311001&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cables+-+Internal+Power+Cables-_-N82E16812311001&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxPbHBRCdxJLF3qen3dYBEiQAMRyxS_40jMOPdEXjo_xvCVm7ZYo6nDC4-sDDPZFqEV6igwoaAqiK8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

4 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

So to my understanding this splitter's molex connector provides power to the wires and ultimately to the fans. And The 4 Pin female connector is for the motherboard so it can send/receive PWM signals. Is this accurate? Also I always thought until now that PWM was just another way to deliver power. Please my sweet enthusiast brethren, provide me with some clarity!
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812311001&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cables+-+Internal+Power+Cables-_-N82E16812311001&gclid=Cj0KEQjwxPbHBRCdxJLF3qen3dYBEiQAMRyxS_40jMOPdEXjo_xvCVm7ZYo6nDC4-sDDPZFqEV6igwoaAqiK8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yes that splitter take power from the PSU and only has a PWM and RPM signal from the motherboard itself so it doesn't draw any power from it. This makes it however only good for 4 Pin PWM control as 3 pin DC voltage control fans on that splitter will only run full speed.

17 hours ago, Technous285 said:

PWM controls the speed of the fans, it's not power delivery.

Pin 1 = Power

Pin 2 = Ground

Pin 3 = Tachometer line (RPM measuring)

Pin 4 = PWM signal line

That cable you linked takes the RPM readings from one fan and feeds it back to the motherboard (which ever plug has the full 4 pins), whilst splitting the PWM signal from the motherboard out to control all fans at the same time for the same speed.

Thanks man, is there a specific software to control Noctua fans RPMs that you know of by chance?

1 hour ago, Doomerson said:

Thanks man, is there a specific software to control Noctua fans RPMs that you know of by chance?

If they are the 4 pin PWM version you just need something capable of PWM control. Your motherboard should be able to do this with the BIOS or using their own software. 

17 hours ago, Technous285 said:

PWM controls the speed of the fans, it's not power delivery.

It's power delivery in the context of pwm fans. A pwm signal controls the speed of a fan by determining how power is delivered. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.