Can I connect a 10gbe to a fiver cable

I got a 10gbe Ethernet card but forgot to get 2 and have no more budget can I get a cheap 10 to 20 dollar 10gbe card and adapt them to each other. Tldr I want to know if I can connect a eithernet to a fiver card somehow either with a cable or a adapter. 

3 minutes ago, Turtleinahafshel said:

I got a 10gbe Ethernet card but forgot to get 2 and have no more budget can I get a cheap 10 to 20 dollar 10gbe card and adapt them to each other. Tldr I want to know if I can connect a eithernet to a fiver card somehow either with a cable or a adapter. 

What port is it? If they both use ethernet then you can just plug them into each other, albeit at the speed of the slower card. Assuming you're connecting 2 PCs together, this was hard to read.

EDIT:

Oh you meant fiber not fiver as in fiber optic, not fiver as in a really cheap card only costing $5

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

3 minutes ago, Turtleinahafshel said:

Ah yes Fiver, Hazel's brother. Still one of my favorite book to read. And the movie adaptation too. Watership Down by Richard Adams btw. And the song Bright Eyes by Art Garfinkel too. So many memories... 

So thats MicroGigaCN InfiniBand (Direct Attached Copper) and you want to connect it to a 10gbE ethernet card?

The answer is no, it would require a switch/device in the middle to bridge them.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

If this is for the server, just get a switch and plug the two 10GbE to the switch for mass deployment in the house.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

No, there are no adapters out for 10Gbe. You will have to buy a second card or buy a switch which has both 10Gbe and SFP+ports on it.

My native language is C++

6 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

If this is for the server, just get a switch and plug the two 10GbE to the switch for mass deployment in the house.

Don't have a switch want pc to pc one with Ethernet and one with spf+

Just now, Turtleinahafshel said:

Don't have a switch want pc to pc one with Ethernet and one with spf+

Why? That doesn't make much sense. Just get a 10GbE for the client. Or better yet, wire the whole house for Ethernet and rejoice in increasing the value of your home and being semi-free from wireless since wireless is still awesome.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

13 minutes ago, Jarsky said:

So thats MicroGigaCN InfiniBand (Direct Attached Copper) and you want to connect it to a 10gbE ethernet card?

The answer is no, it would require a switch/device in the middle to bridge them.

Yes and okay so can I get a link to a semicheap option for this

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Why? That doesn't make much sense. Just get a 10GbE for the client. Or better yet, wire the whole house for Ethernet and rejoice in increasing the value of your home and being semi-free from wireless since wireless is still awesome.

I'm good not looking to rewire the whole house but thanks and a 10gbe Ethernet card is 25 plus ones the card I currently have I have one Ethernet and one spf+ card so I might ditch Ethernet and go all spf+

4 minutes ago, Turtleinahafshel said:

I'm good not looking to rewire the whole house but thanks and a 10gbe Ethernet card is 25 plus ones the card I currently have I have one Ethernet and one spf+ card so I might ditch Ethernet and go all spf+

Thats what I would do. Have 2 SFP+ cards and use a DAC cable.

If you want to get a switch later, its cheaper to get switches with SFP+ ports.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

i still dont really understand what he end goal is and why you are doing this.

Why do you want 2 PC´s to be connected via 10gbe? what will be the practical use for this.

once we know this we can give advice how this could be done in the best way for the things you want to do.

Edit: one more important thing, i assume both PC´s have a big SSD raids in them? 

else you will never be able to use the full speed of that network connection.

5 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

i still dont really understand what he end goal is and why you are doing this.

Why do you want 2 PC´s to be connected via 10gbe? what will be the practical use for this.

once we know this we can give advice how this could be done in the best way for the things you want to do.

Edit: one more important thing, i assume both PC´s have a big SSD raids in them? 

else you will never be able to use the full speed of that network connection.

One file server and one gaming I only have 1gigabit at home

if you already have 1 gigabit thats all you need unless you do heavy video edition of the file server or something similar.

On 4/29/2017 at 0:30 AM, Turtleinahafshel said:

One file server and one gaming I only have 1gigabit at home

"only 1 gigabit" connects my fileserver to my Gaming PC, my flatmates, 3 laptops, 2 mobiles and 2 HTPC's with no issues....

Still not really getting what you're trying to achieve. 

Spoiler

Spoiler