Corsair Air 740 Red Fans

rudolf

Hey,

I build a new computer and I guess I will go with the Corsair Air 740.

The best airflow is important, because I want silence. The less the fans need to work, the more silent. I also want my case to be used as a light source, so that I would like to mod a little bit. It means I would like to add and replace existing fans with fans that provide red light.

Could you recommend me the best and most silent fans (noctua)? with red light effects? (noctua doesnt provide I guess). 

Corsair Air 740 has already built in fans at the front (x2) 140mm and at the rear (x1) 140mm.

I would like to replace them and add (x3) 120mm to the front, top: (x2) 140mm, bottom: (x2) 140mm and rear: (x1) 140mm.

Because I use a radiator I would add the radiator to the top. To make no experimets I would use the provided fans from the radiator instead to replace them. I also want to use pull airflow for the top to minimize the dust in the radiator so that you would not see the fans anyway.

So I need 3x 120mm fans and 2x 140mm fans

Could someone recommend me the best performance (most silent) with red light effect?

Tx.

3 minutes ago, rudolf said:

-SNIP-

You would be best off getting silence optimized fans and red LED strip lighting for the case as LED fans don't provide even case lighting unless your wanting it just for the glow effect behind the mesh. Also if you haven't tried, vary the speed of the fans and see if they are acceptable when turned down to ideal speeds.

^

If you want the system to provide lighting, use lighting strips instead of fans. Fan leds aren't that bright.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest seeing how the stock case fans perform before deciding on whether or not to replace them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks for your answers.

I guess I was wrong.

I dint really mean LED fans, I ment light at the fans (I guess they are just stripes). Its true, it makes a lot of more sense than really led fans.

My example is https://pcpartpicker.com/b/CXHhP6

Instead him I do not want RGB lights, I want red light that vary in brightness.

In addition to the provided fans (3 by corsair and 2 by the cooler), its true, it makes more sense to keep as much as possible and check if it makes really sense to replace them.

I guess I would keep the rear fan. What I am thinking to replace are the fans for the front, because Corsair provides only 2x. I want to use the whole space so I am thinking to replace the 2x140mm by 3x120mm. Does it make sense?

Also I have empty space for 2x140mm at the bottom. For that space I need additional fans for sure. Corsair doesnt provide anything for it. Can you recommend me something?

To have a better overview:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2rGj4D/corsair-air-740-atx-full-tower-case-cc-9011096-ww is the case I want to buy and  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RH2rxr/corsair-cpu-cooler-cw9060027ww is the cooler that provides 2x fans by itself.

Meme fans are pretty bad. Grab Fractal Venturi's if you don't want brown fans and use an led strip.

The case fans in 740 are not bad but not good either 

On 4/27/2017 at 8:52 PM, Mooshi said:

Meme fans are pretty bad. Grab Fractal Venturi's if you don't want brown fans and use an led strip.

I currently have the corsair carbide air 740 and am only using one on the back to exuast air.  The rest are the better ones and then I let my motherboard control them as it does the best at keeping them ultra quite.