What are the best headphones for Gaming? (overall)

What are the best headphones for Gaming?  I am looking for the best headphones under about $320 that I will get the best gaming audio with.  I am planning on attaching them to my modmic.

4 minutes ago, Terranamics said:

What are the best headphones for Gaming?  I am looking for the best headphones under about $320 that I will get the best gaming audio with.  I am planning on attaching them to my modmic.

personally i wouldnt spend anywhere near that and buy some audio technica ad700x, absolutely brilliant headphones and theyre arent that expensive.

This is such a subjective subject that depends on your taste in sound profile, open or closed, over or on ear, etc etc.. 

If possible, go try some and make a choice yourself..

Got a pair of HD558's a few years back and am very happy.

Also remember when you go higher quality / price often the impedance goes up and may require you to get an amp.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

IMO the Kotion each for much less than 50 dollars has amazing mic and audio with surround and everything. The catch is Kotion each products die after a year or two, but given the price its very worth it. If you want it for a ps4/xbox with only one port connection you can get an adapter. Seroiously, am very happy with these. https://www.amazon.com/Integrated-Microphone-Over-ear-isolation-Breathing-Computers/dp/B01E58IEB4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493334957&sr=8-3&keywords=Kotion+each

Depends actually, but the most common headphones used are ATH700X & HD558/598, easy to find and reasonably priced.. I love my Q701 for gaming, so it depends on your taste actually, every headphone has its + and - ..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Just get the 558s (or 598s). It's pretty hard to justify spending anything more for a gaming/music headphone.

See if there's an audio store near you that will let you try a few pairs on. Also keep in mind open back imo sound better but others can hear it easily, whilst closed back are the opposite.

edit: I recommend audio technica ath-ad 700x

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

Is it only for gaming or also for music? 

You don't really need to spend more than HD558 if it's only for gaming. If you want a better music experience then it's worth getting a better headphone than HD558

The best for gaming would be AD500x/700x/900x/1000x/2000x and K602/612/701/702/7xx/712 they pretty much offer the best soundstage in their given budgets, but you might not enjoy them for other things.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.