Monitor/Resolution Choice

Torment

Hi,

This week i ordered my first pc ( https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y4gcvV ) and for the monitor i'm not so sure what to pick. With a budget of around 500-600€ and a 27 inch monitor didn't interest me much i decided to stick with the 24 inch category, pick 144Hz and gsync but i'm still open to suggestions regarding those features. 

After many choices i decided to maybe pick between these two:
Dell S2417DG
Acer Predator XB241H
The biggest difference is the resolution imo and i'm still not certain because on the internet i saw some mixes opinions about 1440p 144Hz with a gtx 1080 and the dell monitor stayed around when picking my choices between i hear a lot of praise about it about pixel density etc (still wondering what impact the 1440p resolution will make at 24 inch)

So as you might have already guessed from reading this, i'm still very unsure of what to pick and that's actually the point of this thread, to know what you think because alone i'm kinda lost.

P.S. When talking about 27 inch at the beginning i only looked at the gaming ones those around 700-900€

44 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

GO for the Dell one

i had fun time with is :3

As someone who already had it, do you think with this pc, it can handle well what the monitor asks for "1440p 144Hz" ? (Strange way to ask this but it's my biggest concern with the Dell) 

EDIT:Maybe not 144Hz always i guess

Edited by Torment

I think 1080p is enough for now but your card can handle more resolution or more moniters. So it's really up too you and your gpu. however not saying lower resolution is better in any way but it also depends on what you do with it. However games built around lower resolutions will still look fine on such resolutions. Where in any case more resolution just makes for more fedelity and sharpness. Where games in 420p/i will look jagged on a sharper display, or essentially smoothed too blurred depending on what the display does just to put a vastley outdated resolution in the picture.Even more extreme is low count like the Sega, Nes, and Atari where higher resolution won't make games look all that much better. However, this is extreme example and maybe color should be a issue as well when you choosing a moniter. Sorry if it makes it more complicated of a choice, but some boils down to preferance and trade offs you make in choice or price. I have heard only good things about that Dell Display, and the 4k like it.

This one is quite good but is expensive becuase of it,
Asus Rog Swift

Might have some more things to consider yes but thank you for your comment. I'm leaning a lot forward the Dell monitor and one reason for that is the fact that 1080p would look not that bad on a 24 inch monitor* with the benefit of having 1440p but if i worry so much about 1080p then why do i even want the 1440p resolution ? Well, research time for now.

(Maybe i thought that having those extra pixels would make it a better looking monitor)

A lot of confusion on here :S

*for movies and similar to what Czeekaj said, not all games are built with 1440p in mind

I've seen some Ultra wide games on multiple moniters or maybe just an ultra wide leave the Ui in the middle of the Screen as if was still 16:9, however I'm sure most high production games will have stuff like that in mind, I saw a crazy Linus video where he Does a 2x2 4k displays too get massive amounts of pixels and ran Crysis. So it's not out of the relms of possible with. Dell does have a 8k but it's not for consumer market. I also heard Linus say in his Future proofing Video that moniters are making big leaps these years and are not worth future proofing. Might be cool too have 200 hz or more but not many cards will put out that much yet, but your card you can out put that resolution especially on one moniter and still get high refresh rates so that will give you the best picture possible and get more out of your GPU even on older titles like Skyrim you can mod in higher res textures and get a much better image.

Linus one of first too game in 8K