Six Pin PCiE Diagram?

Revan654

Anyone have a diagram of Six Pin layout for PCiE(GPU) to 8 pin (PSU side)? I can't seem to find a proper diagram online. It's been awhile since I did a six pin version, I just don't recall where each wire goes & what wire is double crimped.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

That doesn't really help me. Doesn't show the PSU side connectors. Let along the double crimped wire locations.

the PSU side is very specific to each PSU manufacturer - do not mess with it because it can blow your PSU and/or your video card

best is to ask the PSU manufacturer

you also haven't specified what PSU it is

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

the PSU side is very specific to each PSU manufacturer - do not mess with it because it can blow your PSU and/or your video card

best is to ask the PSU manufacturer

you also haven't specified what PSU it is

It's a EVGA T2 1600.

PSU has safe guards in place, PSU will not start up if the pins are incorrect.

I have done my own cables for awhile (I know what I'm doing). I just can't recall the layout for the six pcie. My PSU didn't come with any six pin version only the 6+2 versions.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

I already saw that. Nothing for just six pin to PSU side. Everything is for the 6+2 style.

It's quite literally 6+2, as in it's a 6 pin connector with two extra pins. It looks like EVGA just does the inverse of the PCIe standard connector*. Their custom cables are all compatible with the all the G2/P2/T2 PSUs so there shouldn't be a difference.

EDIT: Inverse as in horizontal order, otherwise it's the same.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz