Windows 10 wont go to sleep

Cheesus182

Hey guys,

I have an issue with my Windows 10. It refuses to go to sleep automatically. Unless I press the power button or use the windows start menu to  put it to sleep, it just wont go to sleep.
Ive checked my power options and its all set up to 20 minutes to sleep, Ive also tried resetting my power options but it didnt help.

Does anyone know how to see what program is stopping my laptop from going to sleep? Its quite annoying.

Thanks!

My guess is that your mouse moves sometimes a veeery tiny bit, like enough to move it 1 pixels. That's enough to keep it awake if it does that often enough.

Flip your mouse upside down and see if that fixes it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Open the command prompt as an administrator then type in the following: powercfg.exe -requests

This will list whoever is trying to keep the PC awake. You can then either close the app or service keeping it awake or use powercfg.exe -requestsoverride [name of item to override]

A tutorial can be found at https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/32947-power-availability-requests-manage-windows.html

My mouse is wireless so it turns off automatically after 5 minutes. Ive checked and it definitely automatically turns off

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Open the command prompt as an administrator then type in the following: powercfg.exe -requests

This will list whoever is trying to keep the PC awake. You can then either close the app or service keeping it awake or use powercfg.exe -requestsoverride [name of item to override]

A tutorial can be found at https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/32947-power-availability-requests-manage-windows.html

Thanks! Its Chrome, it says that its playing Audio and hence is staying awake. Which is true.

The tutorial suggests I need to execute the following:

POWERCFG /REQUESTSOVERRIDE <CALLER_TYPE> "<NAME>" <REQUEST>

So the caller type would be "Process", name wouild be "chrome.exe" but what is the request? 

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

That might be optional. The examples they had don't have that field set.

Hmm, when I use

powercfg /requestoverride process "chrome.exe" PERFBOOST

or

powercfg /requestoverride process "chrome.exe"

I just get "Invalid Parameters"

13 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Try powercfg /requestsoverride PROCESS chrome.exe

That didnt return an error but neither anything else. I guess ill test it out to see if it worked.

That didnt end up working unfortunately. Anyone have any more ideas?