Star Citizen Questions

FosterGuy

For years I've been reading about star citizen but have some questions:

1.  I understand there will be a persistent universe.  Will each planet be unique or is it going to be a copy and paste job like the travesty of No Mans Sky?

2.  How dense will the planets be in terms of cities and things to see and do?

3.  Do we know how many missions and that type of content the developers are shooting for?  Is this going to be the focus?

Any other cool info you have in addition to the above will help me in determining if I pledge and how much I pledge.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, FosterGuy said:

For years I've been reading about star citizen but have some questions:

1.  I understand there will be a persistent universe.  Will each planet be unique or is it going to be a copy and paste job like the travesty of No Mans Sky?

2.  How dense will the planets be in terms of cities and things to see and do?

3.  Do we know how many missions and that type of content the developers are shooting for?  Is this going to be the focus?

Any other cool info you have in addition to the above will help me in determining if I pledge and how much I pledge.  Thanks!

1. All of the main planets will be "designed" by the studio, and should be pretty unique. They may start to use an algorithm based system to auto-generate new planets.

2. Unknown - Planets in Star Citizen are supposed to be HUGE. I assume there will be one major spaceport/city on the surface - possibly more than one, but I don't know if they've announced the details on that yet. There will likely be one or more orbital stations as well for the major planets.

3. No we don't know how many missions there will be. They'll be using a sort of AI-storyteller type system to customize the basic mission types into many different subtypes, to give the illusion of unique missions all the time.

Honestly, this late into development, unless you specifically want to get in on the Alpha, I would just wait until launch before buying it.

However, if you do want to play the Alpha, then I would suggest the basic starter ship package (Choose the variant that most suites your play style - attack, explore, trade, etc) - I would not waste money on buying a better ship, since every single playable ship in the game will be able to be acquired in game using in-game money without spending real money.

The Alpha currently has a single Solar System, with a huge hub space station, and stuff to explore in-system. That's the PTU - Player Test Universe - the alpha Persistent Universe. There's also Arena Commander - which is a PvP dog fighter mode, and the Star Marine FPS mode as well. The PTU includes FPS and dog fighting in them as well, but it's not "structured" with game modes, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

19 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

1. All of the main planets will be "designed" by the studio, and should be pretty unique. They may start to use an algorithm based system to auto-generate new planets.

2. Unknown - Planets in Star Citizen are supposed to be HUGE. I assume there will be one major spaceport/city on the surface - possibly more than one, but I don't know if they've announced the details on that yet. There will likely be one or more orbital stations as well for the major planets.

3. No we don't know how many missions there will be. They'll be using a sort of AI-storyteller type system to customize the basic mission types into many different subtypes, to give the illusion of unique missions all the time.

Honestly, this late into development, unless you specifically want to get in on the Alpha, I would just wait until launch before buying it.

However, if you do want to play the Alpha, then I would suggest the basic starter ship package (Choose the variant that most suites your play style - attack, explore, trade, etc) - I would not waste money on buying a better ship, since every single playable ship in the game will be able to be acquired in game using in-game money without spending real money.

The Alpha currently has a single Solar System, with a huge hub space station, and stuff to explore in-system. That's the PTU - Player Test Universe - the alpha Persistent Universe. There's also Arena Commander - which is a PvP dog fighter mode, and the Star Marine FPS mode as well. The PTU includes FPS and dog fighting in them as well, but it's not "structured" with game modes, etc.

Thanks man!  I think I will wait until it comes out.