The Acer Predator X27 has almost every feature you might ever want in a monitor

EunSoo
Just now, Notional said:

Again, they could have just increased the resolution.

No they couldn't. That would require more bandwidth which would render all previous TVs unable to use the signal. The reason why PAL has a higher resolution than NTSC aside from have a lower frame rate is it has more bandwidth.

5 hours ago, JR8 said:

Sorry if I sound like an idiot...

If it's HDR, does that make it IPS, or can it be TN and HDR? 

I'm basically asking if it's IPS.

If OEM is Samsung, it's VA. All Samsung's quantum dot monitors are VA  with HDR and 126% sRGB.

Not really interested, to much going on with that monitor. Simpler the better for me.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, Deletist_Jerk said:

If OEM is Samsung, it's VA. All Samsung's quantum dot monitors are VA  with HDR and 126% sRGB.

the PG27UQ, which uses quantum dot as its backlight, is IPS-type. it's possible this acer monitor uses the defined prototype showcased a year ago

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/35.htm#asus_prototype

Doesn't include Freesync support and supports Gsync instead.

Deal breaker.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Again what would be the fucking point if AMD doesn't has a high end product out right now? And even when (at this point you could almost say if) they come out with Vega and it is competitive with high end offering for maybe 6 months they'll probably take at least another year without anything that can really push that high of a refresh rate on that high of a resolution.

Sorry but most of you continue to basically ignore that AMD is almost completely out of the high end market, exactly what this monitor is aimed at. It's been years since their high end card can legit outperform Nvidia there's always an excuse: wait for a better manufacturing process, HBM will give them the edge, no wait for HBM2 now, wait for DX12, wait for better drivers, wait for fucking Vega that's absurdly delayed, after it's out and it's just not as fast as the 1080ti people will say wait for better drivers, wait for more fringe DX12 games that nobody plays outside of benchmarks like AOTS, then Volta will probably crush them, then they'll be too busy with another Ryzen iteration or the Ryzen APUs, so on and so on and so on.

It never fucking ends, it sucks that we have to pay Nvidia a motherfucking G-Sync tax for the priviledge of their stupid fucking DRM but they get away with it because there's fuckall from AMD on this segment.

That's fair man, AMD are a far way behind, it'd be surprising if they did manage to be competitive at the bleeding edge again anytime in the foreseeable future. I should have expressed my thoughts differently: why not have a free sync option? It should cost a very affordable amount to have it certified. And then they could sell their monitors to all the schmucs who are too stubborn to leave their furyx crossfire setups. 

Its more of a case that iv not often seen a display be sold with the sales point of having both options vailible. Maybe this isn't the product on which it makes most sense, but that's an aside now. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Deal breaker.

Again I need to keep repeating myself: tell me what AMD GPU can you use to sustain 4k at 90 or 100FPS not even the full 144. Yes G-sync sucks but AMD sucks even more for being utterly fucking pathetic and unable to compete in the high end graphics segment which monitor is directly aimed at.

I just don't think people who don't run dual 1080tis or dual Titan Xps will be buying a monitor that's probably going to be at least 2 grand at launch if not 3. Get mad at AMD for taking so fucking long with Vega.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Nup said:

That's fair man, AMD are a far way behind, it'd be surprising if they did manage to be competitive at the bleeding edge again anytime in the foreseeable future. I should have expressed my thoughts differently: why not have a free sync option? It should cost a very affordable amount to have it certified. And then they could sell their monitors to all the schmucs who are too stubborn to leave their furyx crossfire setups. 

Its more of a case that iv not often seen a display be sold with the sales point of having both options vailible. Maybe this isn't the product on which it makes most sense, but that's an aside now. 

So why don't they target schmucks is your question? It answers itself.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Deal breaker.

honestly, because it ULMB, I'm fine with G-Sync and like countless others had said, if you got this monitor there is a small chance that you have an AMD GPU in your system.

Well considering top AMD gpus will run 4k at  what? 50 fps in crossfire? I guess that's why the fanboys want Freesync on a 4k 144hz monitor

37 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

Well considering top AMD gpus will run 4k at  what? 50 fps in crossfire? I guess that's why the fanboys want Freesync on a 4k 144hz monitor

Or is it because people purchase monitors with longer term time frames in mind? Pro-tip: It is.

4 minutes ago, Grinners said:

Or is it because people purchase monitors with longer term time frames in mind? Pro-tip: It is.

okay. if you're buying a 2000 dollar monitor you're not doing it for the future. you're doing it cause you want it or need it now

1000$+ price?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

14 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

Newer 144Hz 4K monitors. This is probably gonna make me lean towards NVIDIA as it appears to be sponsored. AMD has released the spec for Freesync 2, but I am curious as to why nobody has announced any 4K 144Hz Freesync 2 panels for the imminent launch of Vega.

there's one by samsung that might have freesync 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/5z4gaz/full_samsung_gaming_monitor_lineup_2017/?st=j1rgbh3t&sh=05fb659c

edit: welp looks like reddit is down 

13 hours ago, JR8 said:

It has quantum dot listed in the spec sheet which is Samsung tech and their quantum dot displays use a special VA panel that blends responsiveness of TN and colors of an IPS which richer blacks.

interestingly there's renders of the panel sporting a lightbox attachment

Predator-X27-2.jpg

also here's a hands-on with the panel 

Too bad it uses Gsync, I won't be buying this. Not gonna spend my money to keep supporting nVidia's ridiculous proprietary standards. 

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

41 minutes ago, haloharry97 said:

4k NOOOOOOOOO, why not 1440p, ;(

Because 27" 1440p 144Hz is commonplace nowadays?

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

IS quantum dot more similar to TN or IPS? like when it comes to colours and stuff.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Because 27" 1440p 144Hz is commonplace nowadays?

O_O can you link/name a monitor with

• 1440p(2560x1440p)
  • 144hz
  • 27"
  • 1000 nit
  • HDR
  • 99% Adobe RGB
  • G-Sync
  • Nvidia's ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur)
  • Quantom Dot
  • Tobii eye-tracking

If not then just 1440p with hdr+ g-sync

I have not find one yet.

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

IS quantum dot more similar to TN or IPS? like when it comes to colours and stuff.

appears for this Acer monitor, it uses an IPS-type panel. the quantum dots provide the backlight. and while quantum dots can achieve a tad wider color gamuts, LCDs have done this already for a while. the QDs used here are probably meant for FALD lighting (if it supports so) or to provide greater illumination (and therefore higher and lower luminance) for the colors. the latter is more relevant for HDR 

Why do monitor manufacturers keep shoving red LEDs down our throats?

Ryzen 5 3600 | EVGA CLC240 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | ASRock B450 Pro4 | 16gb EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200 | 1tb WD SN550 | 2tb SanDisk Ultra 3DEVGA P2 650w | Fractal Design Meshify CViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD + ViewSonic VS2412-H | GHS.RAR (Boba U4s, Staebies, GMK Aurora Polaris + Artisans) | Steelseries Aerox Ghost | Artisan-Japan Ninja FX Hien (M/Soft) | Fostex HP-A3 | Fostex PM0.3G | Fostex T60RP | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | Beyerdynamic FOX

20 hours ago, JR8 said:

It is IPS with quantum dot backlight.

4 hours ago, Technicolors said:

appears for this Acer monitor, it uses an IPS-type panel. the quantum dots provide the backlight. and while quantum dots can achieve a tad wider color gamuts, LCDs have done this already for a while. the QDs used here are probably meant for FALD lighting (if it supports so) or to provide greater illumination (and therefore higher and lower luminance) for the colors. the latter is more relevant for HDR 

If the colour is the same or better than a IPS monitor, AND is 144 hz, that is great :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking