if i got a cut on my finger can i still unlock my iphone with my same fingerprint ?

Nancy the Girl
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
9 minutes ago, Nancy the Girl said:

thank you for answering

I khnow I can use a passcode

but I just want to khnow if a cut on my finger can change my fingerprint completely for ever .

It can, as scar tissue doesn't retain the fingerprint. It can be re-registered with a scarred finger though. It would likely take a pretty serious cut to actually affect the fingerprint enough to stop it from registering.

If you get a cut that takes a significant amount of the "pad" of your fingertip, it's more likely to affect the fingerprint than just a normal cut. 

after my wound healed ?

or my fingerprint will change for ever because of the cut ?

Depends how badly you cut it (in terms of size of the cut, not the depth). Just register more than one finger so you can unlock your phone to register the cut finger if it affects the recognition. 

Depends how deep, but doubtful. You could always just use your passcode and do the finger print set up again.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

Depends how deep, but doubtful. You could always just use your passcode and do the finger print set up again.

thank you for answering

but I just want to khnow if a cut on my finger can change my fingerprint completely for ever .

1 minute ago, Nancy the Girl said:

thank you for answering

as I said only deep and large cuts - but if it does you can change it on your phone

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

8 minutes ago, Nancy the Girl said:

thank you for answering

unless it produces scar tissue, your print is your print forever.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

9 minutes ago, Nancy the Girl said:

thank you for answering

It can, as scar tissue doesn't retain the fingerprint. It can be re-registered with a scarred finger though. It would likely take a pretty serious cut to actually affect the fingerprint enough to stop it from registering.

If you get a cut that takes a significant amount of the "pad" of your fingertip, it's more likely to affect the fingerprint than just a normal cut.