Deleting windows 10

COTG

I wanted to ask if there was any way of deleting windows 10 from your hdd and nvme drives. The reason for this being that I want to install a new version of windows 10, as my old one is unsupported and causing a lot of issues such as blocking my wifi-ethernet and making me unable to update it. If there is no way to delete it, is there any way to replace it with a newer version that does not require internet, such as having a usb with the newer version and doing some sort of manual update? 

Create a windows 10 installer USB. Boot into the USB. Select the format option before installing to format the drive. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Make a bootable USB with the Windows 10 installer and upgrade Windows that way. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

thanks everyone! I wasnt sure if it would recognize the newer version as "superior" and therefore boot from that one and override the old one. Thanks a lot for clearing it up!

Just go to your BIOS and make sure the boot order is set to check USB before Hard Drives.

15 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Create a windows 10 installer USB. Boot into the USB. Select the format option before installing to format the drive. 

Does choosing format 100% erase all partitions from the drive?

I'm most likely going to need to reinstall Windows 10 soon but I want to be sure no recovery partitions or anything get left behind when I do the clean install.  

The reason I ask is that I remember a little over a year ago when I had first put an ssd in my main desktop, keeping the HDD Windows originally was installed on in the computer for extra storage until I got a larger HDD, I ended up having to use some command prompt command ("clean" I think?) to hardcore erase the HDD since disk management was unable to erase the Windows recovery partitions (pretty sure there were 2 idk why) which was preventing me from having use of thr full capacity of the drive. 

So I guess I'm trying to figure out if I'll have to use that command again or if there's an easier way like this format at the start of the Windows install process.