Razer's Lancehead mouse claims to outperform every other wireless mouse

EunSoo

Source: http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/4/27/15451048/razer-lancehead-wireless-gaming-mouse-pro-gamingIMG_4249.PNG.c49ece8abdfbf125f2a784fb9fe31150.PNG

Razer announced their new mouse, the Lancehead, which claims to "outperforms every other wireless gaming mouse". It runs on a 2.4ghz frequency but uses frequency hopping to dodge interference, that gets compounded in a tournament setting, and provide a lag-free experience. That's a pretty radical statement as the Logitech G900 addresses the same issues and is pretty good even in areas with high interference so I am really interested in seeing how they compare head-to-head. Oh, and of course it has chroma.

Spec-wise, Lancehead has a true 16,000 DPI sensor, which can track at 210 inches-per-second and handle an absurd 50G acceleration. It has Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches, dedicated buttons for sensitivity switching, and a few extra programmable buttons. The design is ambidextrous, which is good news for us lefties. The mouse also includes internal memory to save and sync mouse settings offline, in addition to the existing cloud-syncing functionality Razer offers through Razer Synapse.

They are also going to sell a wired edition, ironically named the Lanchead Tounament Edition, which bumps the Inches per second tracking speed to 450. 

Both mice are available for preorder now. The wireless Lancehead will ship in May or June for $139.99, while the wired version ships in April or May for $79.99.

*Laughs with wired G502...

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Razer making something better than Logitech? Ha! I won't hold my breath.

This does, however, remind me that I would like a G900 with the body of the G502.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

17 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

This does, however, remind me that I would like a G900 with the body of the G502.

One day I hope I'll understand what's with the 502 cult. I find it so uncomfortable to hold I can't wrap my head around it. 

Quick question, how does G403 wireless stack to G900? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

One day I hope I'll understand what's with the 502 cult. I find it so uncomfortable to hold I can't wrap my head around it. 

The G502 is just incredibly comfortable.....maybe you just have weird hands. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Meanwhile GPU manufactures claim 2X-10X performance increase with every generation...And we all know how that goes...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

*Laughs in G502 and G403*

Back off Razer

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

Loved the G502 very much, except for the grip. That mouse was just not for me, so I resold mine to a friend that wanted it.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

my mionix naos is fine. and has been for the last 2 years...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I wonder how long would it take for something to break just after the warranty expired, I'm guessing 3 minutes.

Not gonna get it because it has to charge with a cable, the mamba had a really nice dock, but I didn't get it for the same reason I am not getting this one, they have a laser sensor. Come on Razer, optical is better than laser, they even made it the exact same optical sensor in the DeathAdder Elite, I love that mouse (my current mouse actually) But until it comes with a dock and optical sensor, count me out.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Bullet said:

Not gonna get it because it has to charge with a cable, the mamba had a really nice dock, but I didn't get it for the same reason I am not getting this one, they have a laser sensor. Come on Razer, optical is better than laser, they even made it the exact same optical sensor in the DeathAdder Elite, I love that mouse (my current mouse actually) But until it comes with a dock and optical sensor, count me out,

But laser rhymes with Razer. Can't ditch that.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

The G502 is just incredibly comfortable.....maybe you just have weird hands. 

I find it unnatural the way you have to hold your thumb, it's pushing it outside too much imo. As I've seen I'm not the only one that thinks that, but we are a minority. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

You aren't alone.  I have a G502 that I use with my rarely-used testbench.  On work and home machines I use "vintage" G9x's.  The triangle grip texture on the 502 feels awkward as fuck.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Yeah, Corsair Sabre FTW.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

3 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I would argue that logitech hasn't made a good mouse since the good old g5. Sure the sensors are nice, but the ergonomics are just terrible =(

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

25 minutes ago, Remixt said:

I would argue that logitech hasn't made a good mouse since the good old g5. Sure the sensors are nice, but the ergonomics are just terrible =(

My G602 is the most comfortable mouse I've ever put my hands on. I like the feel and looks if Logitech. Plus they last much longer than the crappy Razer products. My friends like Razer for looks, but always have mice and keyboards die, meanwhile I haven't had issues with my mouse or my old Corsair keyboard.

To me, Razer is to PC peripherals as a tricked out civic is to motorsports.

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Wana hear a joke?

Razer Synapse

Just as the software started requiring login and always online to even let you control your hardware I was lucky enough to finish my exodus away from Razer :D

I'm very satisfied with my current peripherals. And I doubt Razer will outperform the G900 but hey, if they wanna keep the market going and innovating more power to them.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Wana hear a joke?

Razer Synapse

I Have a counter. Logitech Gaming Software.

G930 Windows 10 drivers

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. My mamba 2012 is a beautiful mouse to hold (And maybe caress), but jesus, I want to shoot whoever designed the software crapware for it with a big ass gun. 

4 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

I Have a counter. Logitech Gaming Software.

G930 Windows 10 drivers

Hey, Logitech software isn't that bad. I had pretty good experiences with my G930's on Win7

Ok i'll give you that one, the Win10 Logitech G930 drivers suck ass

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540