Carey Holzman copyright struck by Lynda

wolfsbane3083

Looks like Carey Holzman has been hit by one of Lynda.com's copyright bots and he's not best pleased about it.

He was hit by a strike on a video he licensed to Lynda, however it was not an exclusive license so he still had rights to use the footage.

Quote from the video description.

"Lynda.com (subsidiary of LinkedIn - owned by Microsoft) bullying my channel!
Per the YouTube conditions of filing a copyright complaint, you agree to the following:
"I understand that filing fraudulent disputes may result in termination of my YouTube account."
Therefore, I expect YouTube to enforce this rule and terminate LinkedIn's YouTube account."

P.S Not sure if this is news worthy or not.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

He thinks Lynda is bad? How about he tries dealing with Viacom or 21st Century Fox.

There's always gonna be something worse somewhere. That is no justification for something being bad as it is.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

the corporate double standard.

Rules only apply to us plebes, not gods.

and yes, we are all plebes in the youtube universe.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

@nicklmg not sure if you still do business with Lynda, in that case it may be worth checking this out.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

@nicklmg not sure if you still do business with Lynda, in that case it may be worth checking this out.

We haven't worked with lynda in a while - don't have proper contacts over there as mine got lost in the shuffle after the Microsoft purchase.

I wish him the best of luck in getting it figured out - claims suck. But if he does have a license to use the content then disputing the claim is always a (frustrating but still relevant) option.

YT's claim system does kinda suck, but if they had a better way (that was actually financially feasible), I'm sure they'd use it...

he made video and Lynda.com asked him to license it so he could make money he has the video in his libary they are hitting him with cpywright strikes bacuse of it

Who the fuck is this, and why should I care?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, theninja35 said:

Maybe you should watch the video before commenting something that like...all your questions will be answered.

Um...it's over an hour long...I wouldn't watch something that long from a YouTuber I knew and liked.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Maybe you should watch the video before commenting something that like...all your questions will be answered.

He never even commented on it.

6 hours ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

Looks like Carey Holzman has been hit by one of Lynda.com's copyright bots and he's not best pleased about it.

He was hit by a strike on a video he licensed to Lynda, however it was not an exclusive license so he still had rights to use the footage.

Quote from the video description.

"Lynda.com (subsidiary of LinkedIn - owned by Microsoft) bullying my channel!
Per the YouTube conditions of filing a copyright complaint, you agree to the following:
"I understand that filing fraudulent disputes may result in termination of my YouTube account."
Therefore, I expect YouTube to enforce this rule and terminate LinkedIn's YouTube account."

P.S Not sure if this is news worthy or not.

Why you post this twice?

Oh NM its someone else who posted just the vid with no comment LMFAO

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Um...it's over an hour long...I wouldn't watch something that long from a YouTuber I knew and liked.

Then you can ask politely for a summary, yeah?

4 minutes ago, yathis said:

He never even commented on it.

See below. Is that not about the video?

25 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Who the fuck is this, and why should I care?

22 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Who the fuck is this

Some Youtuber. Quite large but I have never heard of them before.

23 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

why should I care?

It has to do with Lynda, and the copyright system on Youtube.

It seems like this channel licensed some content from a channel (a video he was part of?). Lynda then licensed the same content and assumed that the content was their exclusive content, so they sent out copyright strikes.

This is what happens with an automated system where no manual checking is done to verify if claims are valid.

It's too easy to abuse this kind of system and google (and I really mean google here and not just youtube since this kind of thing exists beyond that) really needs to get their head out of their ass and put checks in place to verify if a claimant has full legal claim over the content (this also extends to where fair use comes into play) to weed out those that abuse the system including big companies and the chancers who think that they can get away with claiming copyright over what they have no claim over (and as a content creator who has been hit (not struck) by one of these scumbags it needs to happen soon).

So you are saying people click the report button for shits n giggles?

And the automated system kicks in and fucks shit up.

I posted it here because Linus partners with these guy's. 

5 minutes ago, john chambers said:

I posted it here because Linus partners with these guy's. 

I think @nicklmg responded on this thread concerning this...

TL;DW perhaps? Can you summarise the issue for those of use who don't have time to watch an hour long video from some guy, with no explanation given at all?

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 hour ago, theninja35 said:

Maybe OP should provide even a single sentence to try and explain this, instead of just posting some random video with no context at all. 

Just now, Rangaman42 said:

Maybe OP should provide even a single sentence to try and explain this, instead of just posting some random video with no context at all. 

Maybe, but it's still a good idea to watch the video that is being discussed before discussing it. Or, at the very least, read the description...

Just now, theninja35 said:

Maybe, but it's still a good idea to watch the video that is being discussed before discussing it. Or, at the very least, read the description...

If OP is too lazy to provide any context, I'm not going to watch it. Could be anything at all, he could be singing Jingle Bells for all it matters.