Need help...

COTG

Hey everyone, I have just today finished building my computer however already run into several problems...

Since this is my first build I have no idea to resolve them, even after multiple hours of searching on forums and youtube so you guys are my last chance!

This is the build I am currently running. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hh4Kbj

The first problem I am having is that the screen resolution it is currently using is 1024x768, with me unable to change it. This not only happens in windows but also in the bios and I am unable to change it in both settings, under advanced display settings and in the bios. 
The second problem I am having is that I am unable to get any internet connection. My motherboard does not only come with ethernet capability but also wifi, however after setting up the antenna and connecting it to my pc i was still unable to get any internet at all.

The third and last problem I am having is that i am unable to run any external drivers as apparently they are not compatible with the version of windows I am running, 64 bit, version 10.0

If any of you have any solutions to any of the above mentioned problems I would be extremely grateful for your help!

Thank you guys in advance

IMG_4272 2.JPG

IMG_4273 2.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4275.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG

Get a new Windows USB through the media creation tool, you are running the ORIGINAL unsupported Win10 release. 

We're on 14000+ and you're back on 10240

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

Get a new Windows USB through the media creation tool, you are running the ORIGINAL unsupported Win10 release. 

We're on 14000+ and you're back on 10240

could you give me a link towards the new media creating tool? I thought I am running the correct one as I just today downloaded it

Try uninstalling every driver that has a yellow triangle next to it. The display issue definitely seems like a driver problem to me. Your motherboard come with a CD with the drivers on it? Try installing their drivers, the network connection might be fixed by just uninstalling the broken drivers and restarting.

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

Just go to Microsoft's website and use the media creation tool @COTG

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

Just now, eeccrraaiigg said:

Try uninstalling every driver that has a yellow triangle next to it. The display issue definitely seems like a driver problem to me. Your motherboard come with a CD with the drivers on it? Try installing their drivers, the network connection might be fixed by just uninstalling the broken drivers and restarting.

it does come with a cd but sadly i do not have a player for it

Just now, eeccrraaiigg said:

Just go to Microsoft's website and use the media creation tool @COTG

thats what I did today... not sure why it gave me the much older version

hmmm I would try uninstalling all the broken drivers and then  restarting see if you get internet connection, i think this would work then update windows

PCPartPicker List

Just now, COTG said:

it does come with a cd but sadly i do not have a player for it

Go onto your motherboard's manufacturers site and see if you can download the drivers from there and stick them on a usb.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

Just now, arbellason55 said:

Go onto your motherboard's manufacturers site and see if you can download the drivers from there and stick them on a usb.

those are the drivers I had tried to install but they said that they are not compatible with this version of windows

Just now, COTG said:

those are the drivers I had tried to install but they said that they are not compatible with this version of windows

See if upgrading to the newer version of windows lets you.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

Just now, arbellason55 said:

See if upgrading to the newer version of windows lets you.

the problem is that I dont know how to upgrade to the newer version, can you provide me with a link to the newest media creation tool that I can use?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The only place to do it as far as I'm aware.

System

1 minute ago, arbellason55 said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The only place to do it as far as I'm aware.

is there any chance that the issue is not with the windows creating tool but with my motherboard such as it only allowing the installation tool to install a certain version of windows? if that even works that way

Just now, COTG said:

thats the one i used aswell

Did you choose the right drivers?, ie 64bit if you have 64bit.

System

Did you choose the right drivers?, ie 64bit if you have 64bit.

yep

Things to fix ur probs, newest build of Windows might fix every problem, if not then you can redownload the drivers from your mobos manufacturer and download your nvidia or AMD drivers and set a custom res. Idk about wifi. Although I'm not saying much more than anyone else here.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Just now, COTG said:

is there any chance that the issue is not with the windows creating tool but with my motherboard such as it only allowing the installation tool to install a certain version of windows? if that even works that way

No I do not think that is the case, even if that was so that board launched way after that particular version of windows. 

System

2 minutes ago, COTG said:

It doesn't work that way.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

No I do not think that is the case, even if that was so that board launched way after that particular version of windows. 

this is the version of the creation tool I have been using

IMG_4278.JPG

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Things to fix ur probs, newest build of Windows might fix every problem, if not then you can redownload the drivers from your mobos manufacturer and download your nvidia or AMD drivers and set a custom res. Idk about wifi. Although I'm not saying much more than anyone else here.

yea i think my version of windows is the problem here, however im not sure how i can get the new version then if I am already using the newest media creation tool

1 minute ago, COTG said:

yea i think my version of windows is the problem here, however im not sure how i can get the new version then if I am already using the newest media creation tool

Idk either

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

@COTG Did you purchase a new Licence of Windows 10?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS