Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keagan554

GTX 1080ti SLI

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am having trouble with 1080ti SLI, I have a HB bridge and a 1500 watt power supply and an i7 7700k (Z270 chipset) from intel CPU plus 32gb ram, my motherboard is an Asus Maximus IV formula which fully supports Nvidia SLI. If you look at the attached documents you can see my default settings for the Nvidia control panel as well as the GeForce experience settings and Nvidia optimized settings for GTA V. With these optimized settings I am still getting lower FPS and more stuttering that with a single card. can you help me out to change the settings so I can get smoother gameplay and higher FPS. I know I shouldn't expect double the FPS but I shouldn't be getting less FPS 

Adjust desktop colour settings.PNG

Adjust desktop sixe and position.PNG

adjust image settings with preview.PNG

Adjust video colour setings.PNG

Adjust video image settings.PNG

Change resloution.PNG

Configure sli, surround, physx.PNG

Mamage 3d settings (1).PNG

Mamage 3d settings (2).PNG

Mamage 3d settings (3).PNG

Rotate display.PNG

Set up digital audio.PNG

Set up multipule displays.PNG

Setup g-sync.PNG

Setup sterioscopic 3d.PNG

System infomation-components tab (1).PNG

System infomation-components tab (2).PNG

System infomation-dysplay tab (1).PNG

System infomation-dysplay tab (2).PNG

View HDCP status.PNG

Drivers up to date as at 26-04-17.PNG

GTA V custom settings.PNG

GTA V optimal settings (1).PNG

GTA V optimal settings (2).PNG

Settings general (1).PNG

Settings general (2).PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but some games do have negative scaling. Try turning off SLI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, FTL said:

Sorry, but some games do have negative scaling. Try turning off SLI.

I thought GTA supported sli?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keagan554 said:

I thought GTA supported sli?

Could be, try turning it off and see if there are improvements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, FTL said:

Could be, try turniing it off andsee if there are improvements.

Yeah i tried with 1 and got almost double the fps 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Keagan554 said:

Yeah i tried with 1 and got almost double the fps 

have u tried googling it cause this si a problem with Nvidia gpus

 


The only reason I'm here is because I have homework that don't want to do

Tots did not steal from @Bigbootyjudy

Quote

RESTART YOUR DEVICE

Before asking for help try this

                            ----------X-----------X------------

Temporary Build

Spoiler

i5-6500, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte B150-D3H. kingston 8 GB 2666Mhz DDR4 Ram, Sapphire R9 380 (dead X_X) 4 GB 1162 MHz, Memory 1530 MHz +140mV, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Corair 200R

                            ----------X-----------X------------

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Keagan554 said:

I thought GTA supported sli?

It does, I ran it all the time with my SLI 760's and 960's


"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
15 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

have u tried googling it cause this si a problem with Nvidia gpus

 

 

I asked nvidia directly and they didnt know how to fix it

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you find out why this happens please update me as i am going to be getting a second 1080 for SLI and now i am slightly worried as GTA V is one of the main games i play


PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.6Ghz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

Mother Board: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 

RAM: 2x8gb DDR3 Hyper x Fury 1600mhz Red

Storage: 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD,  WD Blue 2TB 5400RPM

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 SLI

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

OS: Windows 10 Home

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

PC Part Picker Link: On my profile

Laptop Specs:

Alienware 13 R3

CPU: Intel i5 6300HQ @2.3GHZ

RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 2400MHZ

Storage: Intel 180GB SATA M.2 6GB/s SSD, Crucial mx300 1050GB SATA M.2 6GB/s SSD

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060

OS: Windows 10 Home

Screen: 13.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IP S Anti-Glare 300-nits Display

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Yeah I'm sure it does. on another note do if the rise of the tomb raider does? because I disabled sli and it works fine whereas before it wouldn't even open up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, A Silver said:

If you find out why this happens please update me as i am going to be getting a second 1080 for SLI and now i am slightly worried as GTA V is one of the main games i play

 

Sure ill keep you posted if I find a fix, but right now for me it works better with 1

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I stopped using sli. Support is dodgy at best. With only a handful of games that seem to even utilize it well. IMO at 1440p a single 1080TI is fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

ill buy that 1080ti off ya bro, just send it my way for half the price!

HAHA nice try but I might hold onto it, just in case one of them dies. You never know

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, DoctorZeus said:

What about the settings in GTA V itself?

I used the Nvidia optimized settings for it. It's not like I'm using all the vram up either barely scraping 5gb

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, foamygopher said:

This is why I stopped using sli. Support is dodgy at best. With only a handful of games that seem to even utilize it well. IMO at 1440p a single 1080TI is fine. 

Yeah I do play with SLI disabled, Would just be nice to know it works very well on games that support it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keagan554 said:

Yeah I do play with SLI disabled, Would just be nice to know it works very well on games that support it

Tomb raider fully supports sli. If you want to test it check it out there first. I know the 1080ti has drivers problem right now with sli


CPU: 7900x 5Ghz  MOBO: Asus ROG x299 Apex GPU: 1080ti Hall of Fame 8pack limited edition  PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1600w T2  COOLER: Aquacomputer cuplex kryos next with vision (nickel)  RADS: EKWB xe coolstream 360x2 + 240x1  LOOP: Bitspower PETG tubing and fittings with Mayhems coolant  MONITOR: Acer predator X34

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 1080ti are too much for even a 7700k, you're going to have to up the resolution to make use of them. 


If anyone asks you never saw me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2017 at 6:19 AM, A Silver said:

If you find out why this happens please update me as i am going to be getting a second 1080 for SLI and now i am slightly worried as GTA V is one of the main games i play

I ran a dual 1080 build for a while, and GTA ran fine on it for me

 


CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz (liquid cooled) GPU: EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 (liquid cooled) MOBO: MSI X99A Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 3000MHz DDR4 PSU: Corsair HX1000i Storage: 1TB and 3TB 7200rpm HDDs,  and 2x 480GB SSDs 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, App4that said:

2 1080ti are too much for even a 7700k, you're going to have to up the resolution to make use of them. 

Not necessarily. It has 16 PCI-e lanes, and going from x16 to x8 on a gen 3 slot won't really cause an issue.


CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz (liquid cooled) GPU: EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 (liquid cooled) MOBO: MSI X99A Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 3000MHz DDR4 PSU: Corsair HX1000i Storage: 1TB and 3TB 7200rpm HDDs,  and 2x 480GB SSDs 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirBilliam said:

Not necessarily. It has 16 PCI-e lanes, and going from x16 to x8 on a gen 3 slot won't really cause an issue.

But the 7700k will. It's a bottleneck, there is no CPU that can beat 2 1080ti at anything under 4k. Has nothing to do with lanes. 


If anyone asks you never saw me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, App4that said:

But the 7700k will. It's a bottleneck, there is no CPU that can beat 2 1080ti at anything under 4k. Has nothing to do with lanes. 

No, it's not a bottleneck. It's a current-gen quad core with hyperthreading, it can definitely keep up. And yes, there are CPU's that can keep up, otherwise no one would buy more than one, yet people do. It has everything to do with PCI-e lanes, because that's how a GPU communicates with the CPU. They are like railroads to a train station. If there isn't enough track, only limited amounts of info can reach its destination.


CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz (liquid cooled) GPU: EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 (liquid cooled) MOBO: MSI X99A Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 3000MHz DDR4 PSU: Corsair HX1000i Storage: 1TB and 3TB 7200rpm HDDs,  and 2x 480GB SSDs 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirBilliam said:

No, it's not a bottleneck. It's a current-gen quad core with hyperthreading, it can definitely keep up. And yes, there are CPU's that can keep up, otherwise no one would buy more than one, yet people do. It has everything to do with PCI-e lanes, because that's how a GPU communicates with the CPU. They are like railroads to a train station. If there isn't enough track, only limited amounts of info can reach its destination.

Bro, please. It's a bottleneck. 1440 is low resolution when talking about 2 1080ti. You need 4k at least, i'd run 5k. 

 

This isn't a debate, this isn't opinion. At 1440 the 7700k is a bottleneck and causes issues. 


If anyone asks you never saw me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, App4that said:

Bro, please. It's a bottleneck. 1440 is low resolution when talking about 2 1080ti. You need 4k at least, i'd run 5k. 

 

This isn't a debate, this isn't opinion. At 1440 the 7700k is a bottleneck and causes issues. 

Ok, bro. Continue on with your delusions.


CPU: Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz (liquid cooled) GPU: EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 (liquid cooled) MOBO: MSI X99A Gaming 7 RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 3000MHz DDR4 PSU: Corsair HX1000i Storage: 1TB and 3TB 7200rpm HDDs,  and 2x 480GB SSDs 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×