GTX 1080ti SLI

I am having trouble with 1080ti SLI, I have a HB bridge and a 1500 watt power supply and an i7 7700k (Z270 chipset) from intel CPU plus 32gb ram, my motherboard is an Asus Maximus IV formula which fully supports Nvidia SLI. If you look at the attached documents you can see my default settings for the Nvidia control panel as well as the GeForce experience settings and Nvidia optimized settings for GTA V. With these optimized settings I am still getting lower FPS and more stuttering that with a single card. can you help me out to change the settings so I can get smoother gameplay and higher FPS. I know I shouldn't expect double the FPS but I shouldn't be getting less FPS 

Adjust desktop colour settings.PNG

Adjust desktop sixe and position.PNG

adjust image settings with preview.PNG

Adjust video colour setings.PNG

Adjust video image settings.PNG

Change resloution.PNG

Configure sli, surround, physx.PNG

Mamage 3d settings (1).PNG

Mamage 3d settings (2).PNG

Mamage 3d settings (3).PNG

Rotate display.PNG

Set up digital audio.PNG

Set up multipule displays.PNG

Setup g-sync.PNG

Setup sterioscopic 3d.PNG

System infomation-components tab (1).PNG

System infomation-components tab (2).PNG

System infomation-dysplay tab (1).PNG

System infomation-dysplay tab (2).PNG

View HDCP status.PNG

Drivers up to date as at 26-04-17.PNG

GTA V custom settings.PNG

GTA V optimal settings (1).PNG

GTA V optimal settings (2).PNG

Settings general (1).PNG

Settings general (2).PNG

Sorry, but some games do have negative scaling. Try turning off SLI.

Just now, FTL said:

Sorry, but some games do have negative scaling. Try turning off SLI.

I thought GTA supported sli?

1 minute ago, Keagan554 said:

Could be, try turning it off and see if there are improvements.

Just now, FTL said:

Could be, try turniing it off andsee if there are improvements.

Yeah i tried with 1 and got almost double the fps 

13 minutes ago, Keagan554 said:

Yeah i tried with 1 and got almost double the fps 

have u tried googling it cause this si a problem with Nvidia gpus

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

15 minutes ago, Keagan554 said:

It does, I ran it all the time with my SLI 760's and 960's

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

15 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

have u tried googling it cause this si a problem with Nvidia gpus

I asked nvidia directly and they didnt know how to fix it

If you find out why this happens please update me as i am going to be getting a second 1080 for SLI and now i am slightly worried as GTA V is one of the main games i play

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

Yeah I'm sure it does. on another note do if the rise of the tomb raider does? because I disabled sli and it works fine whereas before it wouldn't even open up

14 minutes ago, A Silver said:

If you find out why this happens please update me as i am going to be getting a second 1080 for SLI and now i am slightly worried as GTA V is one of the main games i play

Sure ill keep you posted if I find a fix, but right now for me it works better with 1

This is why I stopped using sli. Support is dodgy at best. With only a handful of games that seem to even utilize it well. IMO at 1440p a single 1080TI is fine. 

ill buy that 1080ti off ya bro, just send it my way for half the price!

8 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

ill buy that 1080ti off ya bro, just send it my way for half the price!

HAHA nice try but I might hold onto it, just in case one of them dies. You never know

8 hours ago, DoctorZeus said:

What about the settings in GTA V itself?

I used the Nvidia optimized settings for it. It's not like I'm using all the vram up either barely scraping 5gb

9 hours ago, foamygopher said:

This is why I stopped using sli. Support is dodgy at best. With only a handful of games that seem to even utilize it well. IMO at 1440p a single 1080TI is fine. 

Yeah I do play with SLI disabled, Would just be nice to know it works very well on games that support it

1 hour ago, Keagan554 said:

Yeah I do play with SLI disabled, Would just be nice to know it works very well on games that support it

Tomb raider fully supports sli. If you want to test it check it out there first. I know the 1080ti has drivers problem right now with sli

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

2 1080ti are too much for even a 7700k, you're going to have to up the resolution to make use of them. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

On 4/27/2017 at 6:19 AM, A Silver said:

I ran a dual 1080 build for a while, and GTA ran fine on it for me

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (liquid cooled) GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra non-LHR MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 (2x16GB) PSU: Corsair HX1200i (overkill yes, but was free!) Storage: 1 TB XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe, 2TB XPG SX8100 NVMe, 4TB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2x 480GB SATA SSDs, 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow (with upgraded USB-C front panel) Sound Card: EVGA Nu Audio Liquid Cooling parts: EK Supremacy Classic RGB AMD Nickel+Plexi, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (incl. pump), 2x EK 240mm PE radiator, EK Duraclear clear tubing

21 minutes ago, App4that said:

2 1080ti are too much for even a 7700k, you're going to have to up the resolution to make use of them. 

Not necessarily. It has 16 PCI-e lanes, and going from x16 to x8 on a gen 3 slot won't really cause an issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (liquid cooled) GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra non-LHR MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz DDR4 (2x16GB) PSU: Corsair HX1200i (overkill yes, but was free!) Storage: 1 TB XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe, 2TB XPG SX8100 NVMe, 4TB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2x 480GB SATA SSDs, 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow (with upgraded USB-C front panel) Sound Card: EVGA Nu Audio Liquid Cooling parts: EK Supremacy Classic RGB AMD Nickel+Plexi, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM (incl. pump), 2x EK 240mm PE radiator, EK Duraclear clear tubing

2 minutes ago, SirBilliam said:

Not necessarily. It has 16 PCI-e lanes, and going from x16 to x8 on a gen 3 slot won't really cause an issue.

But the 7700k will. It's a bottleneck, there is no CPU that can beat 2 1080ti at anything under 4k. Has nothing to do with lanes. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

But the 7700k will. It's a bottleneck, there is no CPU that can beat 2 1080ti at anything under 4k. Has nothing to do with lanes. 

No, it's not a bottleneck. It's a current-gen quad core with hyperthreading, it can definitely keep up. And yes, there are CPU's that can keep up, otherwise no one would buy more than one, yet people do. It has everything to do with PCI-e lanes, because that's how a GPU communicates with the CPU. They are like railroads to a train station. If there isn't enough track, only limited amounts of info can reach its destination.

Just now, SirBilliam said:

No, it's not a bottleneck. It's a current-gen quad core with hyperthreading, it can definitely keep up. And yes, there are CPU's that can keep up, otherwise no one would buy more than one, yet people do. It has everything to do with PCI-e lanes, because that's how a GPU communicates with the CPU. They are like railroads to a train station. If there isn't enough track, only limited amounts of info can reach its destination.

Bro, please. It's a bottleneck. 1440 is low resolution when talking about 2 1080ti. You need 4k at least, i'd run 5k. 

This isn't a debate, this isn't opinion. At 1440 the 7700k is a bottleneck and causes issues. 

Just now, App4that said:

Bro, please. It's a bottleneck. 1440 is low resolution when talking about 2 1080ti. You need 4k at least, i'd run 5k. 

This isn't a debate, this isn't opinion. At 1440 the 7700k is a bottleneck and causes issues. 

Ok, bro. Continue on with your delusions.