[STAThread]
void Main(array<String^>^ args)
{
	Application::EnableVisualStyles();
	Application::SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);

FinalProject::MyForm form;
	Application::Run(%form);
}

Include this into .cpp file, change code on header file. 

#include "MyForm.h"

using namespace System;
using namespace System::Windows::Forms;

[STAThread]
void Main(array<String^>^ args)
{
	Application::EnableVisualStyles();
	Application::SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);

FinalProject::MyForm form;
	Application::Run(%form);
}

Include this into .cpp file, change code on header file. 

2 hours ago, CookieMaster said:

Hello, so I think I want to use Visual Studio over Qt for a project just because of the the problems Qt is causing me....

Are you sure? Qt has all the functionality you need like loading jpg's built in, Qimage can do all that ( http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qimage.html ).

I haven't worked with MSVC++ for a long time so I don't know if it has that functionality. Writing it yourself is not trivial, jpg's are compressed.

Also the above code does not look like true C++, perhaps it's some microsoft bastardization ?

16 minutes ago, Unimportant said:

Are you sure? Qt has all the functionality you need like loading jpg's built in, Qimage can do all that ( http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qimage.html ).

I haven't worked with MSVC++ for a long time so I don't know if it has that functionality. Writing it yourself is not trivial, jpg's are compressed.

Also the above code does not look like true C++, perhaps it's some microsoft bastardization ?

Hmm, just took a brief look at the link , didn't know QImage had all those functions. Seems like it can actually take care of my project. 

And yes that is turd from Microsoft, was required to make the project work lol.

I think I'm over thinking some things and just realized  that I wasted 6 hours on something that I could of fixed easy. 

A few of the guys here are pretty solid at C++ and Qt, so if you need help with stuff, feel free to ask.

15 hours ago, Unimportant said:

It's C++/CLR, Microsoft's superset of C++ to work with the CLR / .NET framework. As such, it's essentially garbage collected C++ (arguably destroying the whole point of C++ to start with).

47 minutes ago, Pinguinsan said:

A few of the guys here are pretty solid at C++ and Qt, so if you need help with stuff, feel free to ask.

I post here all the time :P 

I will be asking several things as well in the next 2 weeks. Will have Qt in the title.... 

46 minutes ago, Pinguinsan said:

It's C++/CLR, Microsoft's superset of C++ to work with the CLR / .NET framework. As such, it's essentially garbage collected C++ (arguably destroying the whole point of C++ to start with).

Microsoft working for plans of world domination by slowly destroying C++, just you wait. Sadly they make Visual Basic more accessible over others in Visual Studio