Is G-Sync worth it?

CrazyGummyBear
4 hours ago, stealth80 said:

my point is you could say that in any forum post where people are buying new components, it's not exactly advice

It is, it's different thn buying a GPU, a gou will give your more FPS in game or cut render times, a g synch monitor will make your screen not tear in the right FPS range, 

Big difference this is an extra and that's it you don't NEED IT under any circumstances.

A gou tho you might need more then a 1050ti if you want to do 1440p gaming on high/ultra then you NEED a better gpu.

So no it's not the say as any componet.

You can want more ram or you can NEED more ram to play a game so it can load more.

I used to no beablento play gta5 because no raids texters loaded because I had 2gb of ram, I have 16 now and it runs perfect. 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

I said it twice, I'm gonna say it again. Why are you all just ignoring Ngreedia's Fastsync? It's a simple yet elegant solution to screen tearing, doesn't require expensive monitors and is included on all Pascal cards by default!

Perhaps it just didn't get the marketing buzz of the more complex, thus slower solutions...

2 hours ago, Snooli said:

I said it twice, I'm gonna say it again. Why are you all just ignoring Ngreedia's Fastsync? It's a simple yet elegant solution to screen tearing, doesn't require expensive monitors and is included on all Pascal cards by default!

Perhaps it just didn't get the marketing buzz of the more complex, thus slower solutions...

Not sure, maybe because they are different. G-Sync, Freesync, and V-Sync help prevent tearing when your GPU is faster than your monitor's refresh rate, or vice versa. Fastsync ONLY helps when your GPU outperforms your monitor's refresh rate. You are right though, many people play on 720p and 1080p with 60hz displays, or games like OW with really good cards on 144hz displays where fastsync would still help as they are over 60, 75, 100, 144 fps and don't want the input lag or tearing. People (lots) either don't know about it, or aren't educated enough about it (like me) to consistently make accurate comments regarding it.

PS Marketing was next to nil.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?