Upgrade or New Computer?

I am currently running a system that uses an i5 4670k and a Gtx 780. The 780 is starting to get on a bit and its visible in various games that I am playing. I am wondering if it is viable to keep my current CPU and just upgrade my GPU to a gtx 1070. Could there be a bottleneck present, or would i best just to invest in a complete new system. 

I play video games at 144 hertz at 1080p.

Thanks in advanced

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

10 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Your current CPU should be fine with a nice overclock when it comes to that graphics card. 

Agreed, but wont the 780 be a tad too slow at 144hz? At least if he wants to push that.

7 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Agreed, but wont the 780 be a tad too slow at 144hz? At least if he wants to push that.

He's asking if that CPU would bottleneck the 1070, and it shouldn't do. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

Your current CPU should be fine with a nice overclock when it comes to that graphics card. 

Would a 1080 be pushing it, im just opening myself to options. Thanks for the advice 

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

3 minutes ago, IamPaddy said:

Would a 1080 be pushing it, im just opening myself to options. Thanks for the advice 

A 1080 would be pushing it, and would pretty much require an i7, R5 or R7 CPU to not have it bottleneck (still depends on the games though).  

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats