Steelseries Stratus XL2 - A premium PC gaming controller

TrigrH

CLICK (Product image):

Day Theme:

jkZYqZu.png

Night theme:

ZjLuR9G.png

Yes!!! finally a PC controller with a playstation style layout with Xinput and wired play! All backed behind the flawless steelseries engine 3 software. 

I'm totally buying one of these! (non headset version)

I hate the orange under the thumbsticks tho...

PS4 Controller - No Xinput, ds4windows required to convert inputs.
Logitech F310 - Basic/budget controller, poor software. (Best alternative right now)
Nvidia Shield Controller (2017) - Nvidia GPU required.
Razer raiju Controller - Insanely expensive, no PC software (only drivers), PS4 buttons.

Source: Official Steelseries Survey Email

Does it come in an xbox layout aswell? 

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

Just now, Mortis Angelus said:

Does it come in an xbox layout aswell? 

I wouldn't see the point in that? if you wanted an xbox layout a 360 or xbone controller would suit you fine?

omg those aren't the official marketing materials are they? O.o  Looks like garbage...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

omg those aren't the official marketing materials are they? O.o  Looks like garbage...

Thats how steelseries presents all there future products in surveys, example: http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2015/106675-900x900px-LL-ca78542a_IMG_1003.png

Official materials will look something like this: https://steelseries.com/gaming-controllers/stratus-xl-for-windows-and-android (older model)

Looks pretty nice.

Personally though, I've never gamed with a controller before.

4 minutes ago, ArduinoBen said:

Looks pretty nice.

Personally though, I've never gamed with a controller before.

Rocket league basically requires one if you want to get to the elite tier.

I'm top 20% but still faraway. maybe because I'm using a steam controller...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, MoistyMcMoistface said:

But the new Xbox one controllers with Bluetooth are so good. 

Exactly and until now there has been no real alternative for people who prefer the playstation layout.

Seems pretty chunky, I still prefer the PS style controllers. That said, I'm stuck with a 360 controller. I literally use it for GTA, and when I occasionally game stream to my laptop in bed.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Theres a xinput wrapper for ds4windows. 

This controller looks mighty ugly. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

@TrigrH

you do know you can just download Input mapper, buy the DS4 USB Dongle and have either wired or wireless functioning DS4 ontroller?

Flawless Engine3? I'm not sure what is flawless, the amount of bugs? that shitty engine gives me more hassle with my Apex M800 then almost any other software since last time i used a Logitech device

5 minutes ago, Prysin said:

you do know you can just download Input mapper, buy the DS4 USB Dongle and have either wired or wireless functioning DS4 ontroller?

Yes, it functions but from what ive read its an rather inconsistent experience and has more input lag than a native Xinput controller.

Flawless Engine3? I'm not sure what is flawless, the amount of bugs? that shitty engine gives me more hassle with my Apex M800 then almost any other software since last time i used a Logitech device

M800 got new firmware yesterday: http://techblog.steelseries.com/2017/04/24/new-in-3.10.0.html

I guess device support is on a per device basis :P 

28 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Yes, it functions but from what ive read its an rather inconsistent experience and has more input lag than a native Xinput controller.

M800 got new firmware yesterday: http://techblog.steelseries.com/2017/04/24/new-in-3.10.0.html

I guess device support is on a per device basis :P 

i got said setup, mostly just for lulz. Yes there is some input lag, but not enough to be impeedng anyone. I sometimes use it in BF1, due to how analogue sticks works, and controller sensitivity, and the fact ive only used it twice (cuz i havent played much BF1 lately), i can say this....

you going to suck balls in close quarters, but medium to long range, or with vehicles, with a controller not properly set up, i can still get a KD ratio of 0.8 - 5.0..... the best i managed was 15k/3d, with a support using mostly the Lewis Suppressive machinegun.... with a KB and mouse i generally get around 1.4-11 KD on the average 64 player map, depends if the enemy pilots is having "free reign" or not....

apart from the playstation layout i don't see any upsides to my thrustmaster GPX. i'd expect extra buttons from a premium controller

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

not all products from their surveys go through and get actually made

source: still haven't seen Apex M700, showed it off on /r/mechanicalkeyboards and got a pm on reddit from SS saying 'take it down and you'll get a rival 100'. Then M650 was showed off then that was the actual release, coming soon.

idk

10 hours ago, TrigrH said:

I wouldn't see the point in that? if you wanted an xbox layout a 360 or xbone controller would suit you fine?

I am not aware of any xbox controllers with bluetooth and android connectivity.

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG

Display 2: Dell U2711

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Z w/ Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II

Soundcard: Creative AE-5 Soundblaster

Headphones: Sennheiser RS 165 Wireless

Microphone 1: Audio Technica AT2020+ USB

Microphone 2: Antlion Audiio ModMic Wireless

@TrigrH you can use the DS4 with Steam just like the steam controller. Doesn't require DS4Windows either, plus it opens up all the customization (well most of it) of the steam controller.

Finally a controller that is not an xbox layout....I just cant stand the uncomfortable diagonal joystick placement. 

I might try it.

This honestly looks a bit like the Logitech Rumblepad 2. At least the Rumblepad has some aesthetic appeal to me, while this looks both ugly and really uncomfortable.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I really like my DS4; how is this gamepad actually better?

I mean it doesn't take much effort to use my current bluetooth DS4 controller, it's a pretty comfy gamepad, and open DS4Windows.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Yea I'd rather just buy an Xbox One controller, especially at that price. I just can't stand that layout, it's why I've never been able to play my PlayStation when the title is available on any other console.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Still don't see the point of it on PC really.

I remember I used one few times for games like GTA and Price of Persia back in the day cause I had one laying around so wanted to try. Though yeah..

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |