PC Suddenly Shuts Off

Hello LTT community:

I've been experiencing random shutdowns of my PC. It's an i5 6600K (with a CM V8 GTS cooler) , 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED, a MSI GeForce GTX 1080, and two hard drives (a Samsung 850 Evo SSD and a WD Caviar Black) on an Asus Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1 which gets power from a Seasonic M12II 750w PSU.

The thing is that I built this PC back in October 2016 and I did not have any problem at all with it. I game on it (Doom, Forza Horizon 3, Planet Coaster, etc) and so far everything was perfect until I installed the Windows 10 Creators Update. When I did so I started experiencing these random shutdowns. It would randomly restart, sometimes when I get into the logon screen, sometimes when I got into the desktop, sometimes after a couple of minutes... I got to run a "sfc /scannow " from recovery command line and it found no problems. I finally ended up rolling back to the previous version of Windows 10 and now its more stable, but It keeps shutting down and restarting randomly rarely and It's so annoying.

I've changed three things on my PC recently:

1) The one that made it more evident: The Creator's Update
2) I have a Logitech G19 keyboard. I put a script on it to make it change colors automatically. (No way this could be causing my entire pc to shutdown but... one does not know)
3) I recently changed my monitor to a LG 24MP88HV-S.

I don't want to think that my PSU is faulty. I do have my PC connected to a power strip where I do have all the other accesories connected (Monitor, Speakers, Keyboard) Maybe I should try replacing the power cable or even the power strip.

:S

Reinstall Windows, it's not your PC alone. It's the new creators update that caused the mess, don't update next time

The geek himself.

31 minutes ago, Zonda716 said:

Hello LTT community:

I've been experiencing random shutdowns of my PC. It's an i5 6600K (with a CM V8 GTS cooler) , 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED, a MSI GeForce GTX 1080, and two hard drives (a Samsung 850 Evo SSD and a WD Caviar Black) on an Asus Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1 which gets power from a Seasonic M12II 750w PSU.

The thing is that I built this PC back in October 2016 and I did not have any problem at all with it. I game on it (Doom, Forza Horizon 3, Planet Coaster, etc) and so far everything was perfect until I installed the Windows 10 Creators Update. When I did so I started experiencing these random shutdowns. It would randomly restart, sometimes when I get into the logon screen, sometimes when I got into the desktop, sometimes after a couple of minutes... I got to run a "sfc /scannow " from recovery command line and it found no problems. I finally ended up rolling back to the previous version of Windows 10 and now its more stable, but It keeps shutting down and restarting randomly rarely and It's so annoying.

I've changed three things on my PC recently:

1) The one that made it more evident: The Creator's Update
2) I have a Logitech G19 keyboard. I put a script on it to make it change colors automatically. (No way this could be causing my entire pc to shutdown but... one does not know)
3) I recently changed my monitor to a LG 24MP88HV-S.

I don't want to think that my PSU is faulty. I do have my PC connected to a power strip where I do have all the other accesories connected (Monitor, Speakers, Keyboard) Maybe I should try replacing the power cable or even the power strip.

:S

if the fresh install works consider a ups my computer had the same problem because of faulty wall power

So, I've got news: 

I found out there might be some issue related to internet / my WiFi card (a TP-Link WDN4800).

I've reinstalled windows, and the PC works as long as I don't connect it to a WiFi network. When I do it the PC restars inmediately.

Weird :S

17 hours ago, Zonda716 said:

So, I've got news: 

I found out there might be some issue related to internet / my WiFi card (a TP-Link WDN4800).

I've reinstalled windows, and the PC works as long as I don't connect it to a WiFi network. When I do it the PC restars inmediately.

Weird :S

Sounds like a driver issue.