Seinnheiser HD 558 too tighten

smokefest

Hi,

I bought Seinnheiser hd 558 and they are good quality Headphones, feels nice, look nice, but they are too tighten on my head, i feel pressure on both side of my head, and this is something i felt with many nowadays headphones...

Any feedback on getting some headphone that are "loose" a bit instead of tight ? I game for hours and hate when after 30 min I get an headache because of headphone being too tight

Find an object thats a little wider than your head and leave it stretched across that overnight, should help a little

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, smokefest said:

Hi,

I bought Seinnheiser hd 558 and they are good quality Headphones, feels nice, look nice, but they are too tighten on my head, i feel pressure on both side of my head, and this is something i felt with many nowadays headphones...

Any feedback on getting some headphone that are "loose" a bit instead of tight ? I game for hours and hate when after 30 min I get an headache because of headphone being too tight

I find that Beyerdynamic headphones tend to have a looser fit to them then Sennheiser (limited to comparing HD558 and DT770 headphones).  But this is going to be very subjective as everyone's head size is different.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Just now, Slottr said:

Find an object thats a little wider than your head and leave it stretched across that overnight, should help a little

Yeah I thought same here, might try this

2 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

I find that Beyerdynamic headphones tend to have a looser fit to them then Sennheiser (limited to comparing HD558 and DT770 headphones).  But this is going to be very subjective as everyone's head size is different.

what about these : https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190&cm_re=headphones-_-26-138-190-_-Product 

The HD5xx series is not known for their tight clamp, which suggests to me you might want to look at a suspension-type headband instead.  Try the HE-350, Massdrop has them permanently now so it shouldnt be hard to get.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

2 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

The HD5xx series is not known for their tight clamp, which suggests to me you might want to look at a suspension-type headband instead.  Try the HE-350, Massdrop has them permanently now so it shouldnt be hard to get.

I ll havew a look at them but they seems expansive onlny found the he-400s

2 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

off-topic here, but is the he-350 any good? 

You should try to look at HD650 or HD600, both of them extends until sizes that are not supposed for human's head

6 hours ago, xtroria said:

You should try to look at HD650 or HD600, both of them extends until sizes that are not supposed for human's head

and I find them very comfortable

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

7 hours ago, spwath said:

and I find them very comfortable

too costy,

I bought the philips SHP9500s and I gotta say they are lot more confortable than my HD 558 ( to me ). The pads are confo and they are less tighten...

Pleased with them and I don't need high end headphones, just needed decent quality and confort

i have and use HD558s daily and i dont find them very tight, they are tighter then the headset i used to have but the cousions make up for it. anyway you probably want to look for something with a suspension type headband instead seeing as they dont clamp as hard. @SSL and @spwath (and the other audio people that for the moment escape my memory) probabky know what you should get 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i have and use HD558s daily and i dont find them very tight, they are tighter then the headset i used to have but the cousions make up for it. anyway you probably want to look for something with a suspension type headband instead seeing as they dont clamp as hard. @SSL and @spwath (and the other audio people that for the moment escape my memory) probabky know what you should get 

I bought already the SHP9500S , they allright, more confo than the hd 558, less tighty, but I could still use some recommandations for future reference still

24 minutes ago, smokefest said:

I bought already the SHP9500S , they allright, more confo than the hd 558, less tighty, but I could still use some recommandations for future reference still

well i have none seeing as i just got told to buy the HD558s and they are amazing :P hope you find something that suits you good though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, ttam said:

You must have a giant head. These were one of the few headphones I wouldn't call tight.

But they do loosen up with wear.

have a normal head, maybe a big bigger than average due to my high intelligence !!!

But they were not very tight, its just me who prefer very light/loose headphones, most models nowadays are tight, i miss the good old days where headphones were almost never tight

10 minutes ago, ttam said:

You must have a giant head. These were one of the few headphones I wouldn't call tight.

But they do loosen up with wear.

my hd 558s have gotten looser since the first month owning them (now had it for a year). perhaps this is what people call "breaking-in" 

Your 558s will loosen over time. You can always clamp them overnight over a stack of books to loosen the headband. It would be ridiculous to buy another headphone because of that problem. 

If that doesn't work, then the Philips SHP9500 has a huge headband and won't clamp your head at all.