No computer video output?

As I was building my new desktop after getting of laptop unreliability, I put together the parts I purchased online.

Part list:

Intel core i5-7600k @3.5Ghz Quad-Core

Corsair VENGEANCE 2x8Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz

ASUS STRIX Z270E GAMING motherboard

Asus ROG STRIX-RX460-O4G-GAMING Graphics card

SeaSonic 360W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Description:

I went to turn on the computer, and it lit up.  I connected the HDMI cable to my monitor and… nothing. "No signal detected".  I made sure I was on the right input and checked the wire was in all the way. No beep code, and the CPU's fan wasn't running.

9 minutes ago, MetalBox47 said:

Motherboard

Try to plug it into the graphics card.

Also, please press the reply button on the bottom of a post to notify that person you replied to

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Did you plug in the CPU Power?

Yea. Before I went into posting on this, I checked all cables just to be sure before I ran out of options.

Just now, MetalBox47 said:

Yea. Before I went into posting on this, I checked all cables just to be sure before I ran out of options.

Did you plug the hdmi cable into the graphics card and not the motherboard?

The geek himself.

8 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Try to plug it into the graphics card.

Also, please press the reply button on the bottom of a post to notify that person you replied to

No luck.

5 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Did you plug the hdmi cable into the graphics card and not the motherboard?

I've now tried both ways, but no dice.

Just now, MetalBox47 said:

I've now tried both ways, but no dice.

Unplug the graphics card and take it out, then test it from the mobo hdmi

The geek himself.

12 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Unplug the graphics card and take it out, then test it from the mobo hdmi

Nope

Do you see the BIOS POST screen or any prompt to enter the UEFI? 

In the meantime, here are a few things you can try: 

1) Giving all the internal power connected a firm push to make sure they are 100% secured properly. 

2) Try a different monitor and a variety of different cables (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort). Also try plugging two monitors (or TV) into the PC at the same time; make sure they are connected to the GPU. If that fails, try plugging them into the motherboard.

3) Reset CMOS on your motherboard. This can be done using the "RST CMOS" button on the IO shield, if your motherboard supports it. Another way is by removing the CMOS battery and leaving it out for 10 - 20 minutes and plugging it back in, this is usually the way to do it on older motherboards. 

Keep me posted!

23 minutes ago, Celios said:

1) Giving all the internal power connected a firm push to make sure they are 100% secured properly. 

2) Try a different monitor and a variety of different cables (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort). Also try plugging two monitors (or TV) into the PC at the same time; make sure they are connected to the GPU. If that fails, try plugging them into the motherboard.

3) Reset CMOS on your motherboard. This can be done using the "RST CMOS" button on the IO shield, if your motherboard supports it. Another way is by removing the CMOS battery and leaving it out for 10 - 20 minutes and plugging it back in, this is usually the way to do it on older motherboards. 

Keep me posted!

I checked the cords, they are all firmly in place.  Strangely enough, there is no CMOS button or battery. I even checked the mobo manual.

4 minutes ago, MetalBox47 said:

I checked the cords, they are all firmly in place.  Strangely enough, there is no CMOS button or battery. I even checked the mobo manual.

30 minutes ago, Celios said:

Keep me posted!

I take that back, I found the CMOS battery. Didn't work though.

1 hour ago, MetalBox47 said:

I take that back, I found the CMOS battery. Didn't work though.

So do you see the BIOS splash screen when you start your PC? 

Did you try out another monitor or TV, and different cables?

Also, since the CPU fan isn't working and based on other things you have said, we could be looking at a faulty piece of hardware. Most likely the PSU or motherboard, could also be the GPU. 

7 hours ago, Celios said:

So do you see the BIOS splash screen when you start your PC? 

Did you try out another monitor or TV, and different cables?

Also, since the CPU fan isn't working and based on other things you have said, we could be looking at a faulty piece of hardware. Most likely the PSU or motherboard, could also be the GPU. 

There is no BIOS splash and I tried two other monitors and a tv but still no video output.  I did get around to replacing the mobo, and didn't have luck there either. 

2 hours ago, MetalBox47 said:

There is no BIOS splash and I tried two other monitors and a tv but still no video output.  I did get around to replacing the mobo, and didn't have luck there either. 

Hmm, okay - so it's most likely not the motherboard. Can you try a different PSU and GPU?

7 hours ago, Celios said:

Hmm, okay - so it's most likely not the motherboard. Can you try a different PSU and GPU?

Sadly I have no extra psu or gpu.

8 hours ago, Celios said:

Does this mean anything?

IMG_0444.JPG

On 26/04/2017 at 10:36 PM, MetalBox47 said:

Does this mean anything?

IMG_0444.JPG

Hmm, sorry - I honestly wouldn't know. 

Can you try taking it into a local PC store and ask them to try a different PSU or GPU? Sometimes if you have the money it's best to take the easy route out.