Who has had the inseam on pants measured?

orangebeaver45

im just wondering, when i got mine done the guy measured it then grabbed it and moved it to the other side and then took the the other legs measurement, im wondering if that was normal? everyone I tell it to says thats not how they do pants

2 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

im just wondering, when i got mine done the guy measured it then grabbed it and moved it to the other side and then took the the other legs measurement, im wondering if that was normal? everyone I tell it to says thats not how they do pants

That strikes me as perfectly normal if you are getting custom tailored or professionally tailored pants and slacks.  Usually these measurements are used to determine if there are any variations on your legs inseam so that they can be properly hemmed.  

Chances are both of your legs aren't the exact same shape and size. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

31 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

You could try asking another tailor, rather than dudes on the internet who have likely never custom tailored anything in their life.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, WMGroomAK said:

That strikes me as perfectly normal if you are getting custom tailored or professionally tailored pants and slacks.  Usually these measurements are used to determine if there are any variations on your legs inseam so that they can be properly hemmed.  

thank you, i was starting to think i was crazy... everyone telling me that tailors actually aren't allowed to touch that.