Hyper-V with Core i5

You can yes, you'll be a bit limited in the number of VMs you can run but there is no technical or feature limit that will stop you. Could you tell us the exact model of i5 just to make sure.

Sure you can. But probbably max 3 hyper-v machines. 1 core for your host and 1 core for each of those hyper-v machines.

Depends what will you be using those virtual machines .... for running proxy or something like that it won't be any problem. But for something like isolated rendering ... well it will work, but it will be pretty limited and will take hours before anything gets done.

Or you can over commit CPU cores and have one big cluster sex.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

54 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You can yes, you'll be a bit limited in the number of VMs you can run but there is no technical or feature limit that will stop you. Could you tell us the exact model of i5 just to make sure.

Core i5 4460

so long as it supports SLAT (windows 10 pro and server 2016) it will work without problem

you will be limited on how many virtual systems you can have though, most i5's are quad cores without hyper threading, you can prob have one virtual system with 2 cores and leave your system with 2 cores for background apps like an antivirus

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!