Twitch streaming settings for low specs

Heep

Hi guys. As I'm new to the scene of streaming and making videos, I would love to know what would be the suitable setting for OBS (obviously one of the lightest free streaming software out there) for a low-med spec PC I have. Looking at 720p - 60fps. Thanks for noticing. Here are my specs:
- CPU: Intel i5 6500
- GPU: Msi gaming X 1060 6gb
- Ram: Crucial Balistix 16gb 2133
- HDD: Seagate Green 1tb

- PSU: Seasonic 520 80+Bronze
Games I'm looking to stream:
- Dota 2
- Doom 2016
- CSGO

- League of Legends

4 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

Shadowplay doesn't count?

As I mentioned, one of the lightest. I have been poking around with recording from Shadowplay and it was great, better quality and almost no performance degradation. But streaming is somehow different, I have not many options rather than the presets. If somehow that works better, please give me some suggestions, thanks!

@Heep you are correct that i5 is too weak for x264 enconding.

However you will be able to stream in ok quality using hardware encoding on the gpu. In OBS where it says x264 change it to NVENC (I think that's correct abbreviation). To not suffer from bad quality this needs a high bitrate so set it to whatever twitch will allow/your internet can manage.

To put it side by side X264 would be better quality and only need around 3000 on the bit rate but you don't have the CPU headroom for this.

The GPU won't be as good but it will be watchable and shouldn't impact your gameplay, you'll need a high bitrate though ~ 6000

NVENC, 6k, 30fps (gives you more quality per frame). There won't be too much of a performance hit.

Shadowplay as a really low system overhead but I dont know if youre able to do overlays and banners with it like you can with other software. Ive not messed with it since the 700 series so I wouldnt know how its progressed in those areas. What I do remember was streaming in 1080p my games at the same settings I normally play them at without any noticeable performance hit on the 760 that I used to have.

Its already installed on your system(unless you skipped the GFE install) so its worth checking out.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

15 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

NVENC, 6k, 30fps (gives you more quality per frame). There won't be too much of a performance hit.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Just tested this out and it was amazing. Frequent 30fps without any drops or spikes. I think my settings for the bitrate was a bit low because I was setting it at the number of x264 encoder. 

16 minutes ago, Ostwind said:

Shadowplay as a really low system overhead but I dont know if youre able to do overlays and banners with it like you can with other software. Ive not messed with it since the 700 series so I wouldnt know how its progressed in those areas. What I do remember was streaming in 1080p my games at the same settings I normally play them at without any noticeable performance hit on the 760 that I used to have.

Its already installed on your system(unless you skipped the GFE install) so its worth checking out.

I think Shadow is yet to be ready for streaming on low specs as my preset was for 720 30fps and still, it disconnects on its own saying I should lower the settings

1 minute ago, Heep said:

I think Shadow is yet to be ready for streaming on low specs as my preset was for 720 30fps and still, it disconnects on its own saying I should lower the settings

could be an internet/twitch issue rather than a hardware issue, a 6500 and a 1060 is not a weak system.

16 minutes ago, Ostwind said:

could be an internet/twitch issue rather than a hardware issue, a 6500 and a 1060 is not a weak system.

im sitting at 40mbits/sec and maybe it was something with the server since I'm in Vietnam and the auto server would be Singapore. Something going wrong with it maybe?

12 hours ago, Heep said:

im sitting at 40mbits/sec and maybe it was something with the server since I'm in Vietnam and the auto server would be Singapore. Something going wrong with it maybe?

it could be a jump in latency or just high latency to twitch's servers. Being in Vietnam would make that reasonably likely if twitch cant deal with high latency or lots of variation while streaming, I wouldnt know for sure though.