text collor is messed up and refuses to change to auto

basically light theme users are getting a bit fucked in the Toaster Project thread(link in sig), one post is stuck on the light gray/silver color and refuses to change even if i try to set it to auto, copy paste and remove formatting or copy it into some other source like the browser bar or a txt document, deleting the text from the post and pasteing it in again. there is also some strangeness with how the titles got copied and some other general strangeness like there beeing a dark grey background on some of the posts even if you are on light theme. if someone could fix this or tell me what to do that would be great seeing as its not nice when some people can barely read what you are posting -_- thanks in advance

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Select absolutely everything in the post and click the Tx button

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

looks fine to me. 

wp_ss_20170425_0001.png

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

The only coloured text in that post, regardless of theme, are the headers. Have you edited it to fix it?

You're talking about some of the posts inside that topic.

That is happening because, when you originally copied the text from somewhere else, it included formatting at a higher level than the editor uses (it put formatting on the <p> tags, but the editor styles using <span>). You can clear it using the remove formatting Tx button - just highlight everything that needs fixing and click that button. You will then need to center align it again.

Unfortunately fixing this properly, so setting the colour to auto will override the container style, is more difficult than it sounds.

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The only coloured text in that post, regardless of theme, are the headers. Have you edited it to fix it?

That is happening because, when you originally copied the text from somewhere else, it included formatting at a higher level than the editor uses (it put formatting on the <p> tags, but the editor styles using <span>). You can clear it using the remove formatting Tx button - just highlight everything that needs fixing and click that button. You will then need to center align it again.

Unfortunately fixing this properly, so setting the colour to auto will override the container style, is more difficult than it sounds.

I liked BBCode editing. Shame its gone...

10 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

looks fine to me. 

way further down then that, its just one thats broken

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

well its nice that i know HTML to a level or that wouldnt have made any sense lol. il go press the button now then :) 

edit:

worked great, thanks

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016