Should I return a monitor and get it 70€ cheaper?

MuffinDealer

Four days ago I got LG 27UD58-B that I ordered almost 2 weeks ago for 390€ but now I noticed I could get it for 320€. I am hesitating only because I'm unsure of the panel lottery - the one I have has no dead pixels and only tiny amount of backlight bleed in top left corner that is not disturbing or noticeable during use and minor ips glow that shows on full black screen in a dark room.

1. I'm not sure if this is kind of quality is standard for this model... at the moment as I understand this panel is acceptable/ good. Is "rolling the dice" for a even better deal something worth doing?
  2. The caveat to this is that the one that I have atm has 3 year warranty as opposed to 2 year... is an extra year of warranty worth the price difference?

*being broke and having dilemmas about one day worth of work sucks xD

**the monitor I have starts making a very high frequency pitch when left on standby for ~30min and the PC is turned off but is very low volume (i can hear if i go to sleep at night as a barely audible high pitch white noise)

***I've added images of the monitor in turned on state @ 60 brightness and contrast and turned off for comparison

IMG_20170425_045310398.jpg

IMG_20170425_045333743.jpg

IMG_20170425_044646076.jpg

IMG_20170425_044637556.jpg

IMG_20170425_044625875.jpg

Your current one is under the standard. Return it and get the cheaper one. These almost never die within 4 years anyway

3 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

Your current one is under the standard. Return it and get the cheaper one. These almost never die within 4 years anyway

What kind of quality should I be expecting for this model? The previous IPS i had as a temporary replacement had much much worse but still small amount of bleed in all 4 corners but that was a 150€ AOC.

Is a dark black, with not even a tiny amount bleed or ips glow possible on this model?

I only know that my Dell IPS monitor, have no backlight bleed and no dead pixels.

Take that as you wish.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

49 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I only know that my Dell IPS monitor, have no backlight bleed and no dead pixels.

Take that as you wish.

I think i might have mistaken IPS glow (it goes away if i look at it from a distance) for a minor light bleed... it's really hard to judge without comparing it to the best/standard of the same model... You don't know how a good monitor looks like until you see it. The thing is I'm used to TN and a cheap IPS so this looks way better than that, can't really know if something better is even possible. 

I'll sleep this one over and see if the monitor starts making that noise again and if it does i'll return it. Hope I don't get a crappy looking one in return xP because I can deal with the noise just by switching of the switch at night.

back light bleed tends to be orangy, ips glow tends to be white.

everything gets cheaper as time goes on.

my monitor was close to $1300, 6 months later theres people selling it for less than $1000, shit happens!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I've decided to order a new one for 320€ and use the one I have until the new one arrives. I'll be still in 14 day no questions asked return period so I'll be able to test them side by side and hopefully the new one wont have that annoying sound on standby.