AOC monitor by Porsche

3 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

1080p 60hz IPS larger than 21" and over $120 no thanks, don't care how nice the chassis is. Needs to be at least 1440p if over 20" and if 1080p it needs to be 120hz if over $150.

jfc this isn't a "gaymin" monitor. It's for fancy business people and their fancy offices. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Soon that looks like an Aoc i2481 with minor changes.... Must have taken a whole afternoon to come up with the design. 

And it sports the same specs as the i2481 as far as I can tell. 

3 hours ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

Soon that looks like an Aoc i2481 with minor changes.... Must have taken a whole afternoon to come up with the design. 

And it sports the same specs as the i2481 as far as I can tell. 

But with this, can finally say you own a Porsche. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

While it's nice it doesn't catch my eye as much as my X34 does.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

13 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

1080p 60 hz? 

That'd be like a fucking 3 cylinder, front drive, automatic only Porsche.

soo... a beetle? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Am I the only one who actually didn't really felt it looks all that good?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Am I the only one who actually didn't really felt it looks all that good?

Nope, you're not alone

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

I'd only buy it to get a bumper sticker that says "My other monitor is a Porsche"

images (1).jpg

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

It's funny how most people are rocking generic 1080p screens at 60hz and when a new screen releases they nit pick it to death like "HAH PLEB SCREEN ONLY 1080P AT 60hz?!? WHAT A JOKEEE"

Some people want a screen that looks good. This screen looks good. It also provides you with what your computer is doing, which you know, is important and since it's not being strutted around as a GSync 144hz gaming panel, who gives a flying fuck that it's just a normal screen? Calm your panties.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Looks really nice design wise... Mid-life crisis monitor?  I think the important question is will a Porsche speed up your boot time (you know 0 to computing in 2.9 seconds)?

4 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

soo... a beetle? 

You mean that one created specifically to target working class people even by their very name, Volkswagen a.k.a. the people's car? Not really this monitor has a VW engine but passes itself as if it was true Porsche design but with crap fucking stats underneath.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Shit panel in a beautiful frame. I do wish more monitors would be much slimmer though. Having expensive monitors fatter than tv's just doesn't make any sense. I still have my old Samsung 172x 17" monitor. This was before widescreen monitors, and it was pretty much the first LED monitor on the market. It was super slim (for that time), and still is compared to most monitors. I wish for those times in design.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

You mean that one created specifically to target working class people even by their very name, Volkswagen a.k.a. the people's car? Not really this monitor has a VW engine but passes itself as if it was true Porsche design but with crap fucking stats underneath.

So.... basically a Cayman. Beetle on the inside, Porsche on the outside. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

my first FHD monitor was from Aoc...i got a lot of respect for that brand 

Life is easy, all you have to do is Live

It could be nice on a front desk in an office, I know people who were super happy with those champagne colour backs and a cover for the cables because they look really nice in an office reception. No one else really has much reason to buy this.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

17 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

jfc this isn't a "gaymin" monitor. It's for fancy business people and their fancy offices. 

Those people have 27" 4k screens from Dell and LG, or massive ultrawides. This is literally a monitor to stick on a desk in the reception of your office.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

12 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

Those people have 27" 4k screens from Dell and LG, or massive ultrawides. This is literally a monitor to stick on a desk in the reception of your office.

>fancy business people

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 4/25/2017 at 2:53 AM, DildorTheDecent said:

Think you mean Layman there but I get it, it's very nice but at 60hz bumping up to 1440 or even 4k isn't much of a price increase compared to some other nice monitors, even others from AOC. I think this is more of a make the office look nice in a windowed sales office than the taste of the persons actually using it... insurance, bank, caresales offices, the desk where the customer is actually going to give information when a sale is successful type office.

Come to think of it they probably designed it for their own carsales and as an afterthought decided to let AOC sell it on it's own with a design commission on units sold.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

On 4/25/2017 at 1:24 AM, Mooshi said:

All that effort for 1080p? That isn't a Porsche, it's a GD Volkswagen ?

If it was a Volkswagen they would swear up and down it was 1440p, sell it as 1440p.. but in reality it's actually a 720p.

1 minute ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

If it was a Volkswagen they would swear up and down it was 1440p, sell it as 1440p.. but in reality it's actually a 720p.

Bur when you do a pixel count test, would software return a 1440p result?

1 minute ago, WMGroomAK said:

Bur when you do a pixel count test, would software return a 1440p result?

Actually it would return 2880p.

When it comes to monitor stands, I can't stand asymmetrical designs.

I would see it in the corner of my eye while using the monitor.