Isn't this stupid?

AniJan

I tell someone that my neck hurts, but out of nowhere, they start ranting about how bad their pain was in the past, making my pain seem insignificant.

Other times, it's like this:

Me: "I'm a bit full. I don't think I can finish this."

My mom: "Think of the kids in Africa who'd die to get this kind of food. Ungrateful."

Me: "Wh-What? Then how am I supposed t-"

What are your opinions on situations like these?

13 minutes ago, AniJan said:

I tell someone that my neck hurts, but out of nowhere, they start ranting about how bad their pain was in the past, making my pain seem insignificant.

My mom: "Think of the kids in Africa who'd die to get this kind of food. Ungrateful."

yes it's annoying I just ignore them... I never have ear buds out my ear cause I hear so much stuff like that

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

2 hours ago, AniJan said:

You asked me my opinion so i'll give it.

Listen to your elders and learn from them! 

Eat your vegetables!

Mostly when people describe pain they are trying to identify with your pain by remembering their own. Also, we are all human and use certain opportunities to try and get some attention from people we care about even as we should be giving them attention. 

As for "Africa kids" We love you and want you to understand that as bad as you think "it" is or how bad you have it, you live like a king and there are far worse situations you could be in. Also we are human and crave acknowledgment from our kids that we are doing an awesome job and you love and respect us. Try thanking your parents every chance you get for certain things they do and IN TIME, after the shock wears off, and we are sure you have not been replaced by pod people, you will be surprised how much more we will treat you as equals...to a point.

Now thank God for your parents.

It's a usual social response to share similar ailments as a way to bond and empathize with someone: A friend tells me her back hurts and I usually say "Oh yeah I know what that's like, I had a back back in the past myself"

What seems to happen is that some people go overboard and turn it into some sort of demented pain competition, if someone tells me their back is bothering them I don't need to tell them I was actually in medical leave for a few months: probably more intense that what they're going through right now but I am able to recognize that and relate to more moderate yet constant pain I also have experienced (still do in fact, daily) as a way to let them know I understand how that's very shitty and I am henceforth concerned about them.

But well some people retain some childish attitudes like that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yea, I feel you. My neck would always hurt in the mornings whenever I sleep wrong.

Its called passive aggresiveness, and its called co-dependant, not so much enabling