Ubuntu 17.04 and touchpad problem

Cryosec
Go to solution Solved by Cryosec,
Just now, Brozz said:

Than you can make sure it all works fine.

I'm out of luck, reinstalled a fresh Ubuntu 16.10 and it still doesn't work. And I used to hate Windows, not Ubuntu ahah

EDIT: fixed it, this time xserver-xorg-input-synaptics wasn't installed so I installed it

I've reinstalled Ubuntu 16.10 on my laptop after the previous installation went FUBAR, this time installing gnome rather than budgie.

After a successful installation (full wipe then install) I chose to upgrade to 17.04, since it was all ok with budgie (until I fucked up with some not relevant stuff).

Upgrade went fine with no errors. I rebooted, as prompted by the upgrade, and still no problems. I finish working on some stuff, I shutdown the laptop and go to sleep. Today I woke up and found that the touchpad stopped working.

I already tried a a couple of things, like reinstalling xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, which didn't work. I also tried

sudo modprobe -r psmouse

sudo modprobe psmouse proto=imps

and it still doesn't work (psmouse shows up with lsmod | grep mouse as "psmouse  139264 0, nothing is using it)

No, I did not turn it off with the Fn keys. Laptop is a Lenovo z50-75

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

Tried the manufacturers website for the touchpad drivers?

Also 17.04 is really new so it is expected that there will be some issues in it.

If there isn't a driver release for the touchpad you can return to 16 or wait a while for a driver.

9 minutes ago, Brozz said:

Tried the manufacturers website for the touchpad drivers?

Also 17.04 is really new so it is expected that there will be some issues in it.

If there isn't a driver release for the touchpad you can return to 16 or wait a while for a driver.

a reinstall a day keeps your problems away. It's the third time in three days I reinstall ubuntu.

I'll stick with 16.10 now

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

1 minute ago, Cryosec said:

a reinstall a day keeps your problems away. It's the third time in three days I reinstall ubuntu.

For now I guess this is the best solution.

Stick with it for a while and try ubuntu 17.04 in something like Virtual Box first on your laptop.

Eh stick to the lts releases. Less problems. Ubuntu 16.04

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 minutes ago, Cryosec said:

no i installed my x131e with ubuntu 17.04 same problem so i wnt back to 16.10 

Beth Foster

Xbox Modder, Network Person, Aussie

Just now, Brozz said:

I'm out of luck, reinstalled a fresh Ubuntu 16.10 and it still doesn't work. And I used to hate Windows, not Ubuntu ahah

EDIT: fixed it, this time xserver-xorg-input-synaptics wasn't installed so I installed it

• 4 months later...