cardboard box computer?

so i have a small compact build i plan on doing. it contains just a power supply mother board and chip set with a haddrive and an intake and exost fan. I'm doing this is 2005 hardware so I need to use windows xp I'm putting 2 gigs of ddr2 ram in it and reusing the single core cpu. now at this point I'm wondering what kinda case I should use? case what case this is needing to be small and compact so is a cardboard box a useable option? I could put the powercord mouse and keyboard inside the box along with the rgb cable that would hook into the computer inside during transport. now this will be on for a couple hours ive been told imma catch something on fire using this idea. now would I do that? if so I may have to build a wooden container to use. this is a hairbrained idea but I have never seen this done before and wondering if it would be an idea to do.

I would say it's worth a shot. Just find a way to monitor the temps of the components and the air inside the box. If you have proper airflow, that should not be a problem. The main issue I see with a cardboard box is rigidity, which becomes more relevant when transport is concerned.

However for an inexpensive case with proper durability, I would personally make it out of wood.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ

imma hotglue carboard around the board so it dosnt move around and put cardboard straps over it its gunna be on youtube aswell for this build only thing I'm buying is the ram for this I got everything else ill put a thermomitor from Walmart iside it to monitor the temps inside idk how ill do it with windows xp to monitor the cpu temps

you can but if you plan on moving the computer I would just go to a used parts place, CL or buy a cheap case off of newegg 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147122  

the thing with cardboard if anything shorts out, gets moisture on,  tears or is jostled to much its going to short out, break , or even catch fire.  Now if you go with wood there is still that chance for fire but it will hold up allot better.

Just now, ELSknutson said:

Now if you go with wood there is still that chance for fire but it will hold up allot better.

That will mostly depend on distance to heat generators, the type of wooden material, and the amount of airflow. I've worked with plywood and some heating elements in the past, and haven't had any problem with that.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ