Trampoline Park DJ WiFi

Hello!

My company will be DJing at a new trampoline park coming in to St. Louis, Missouri. All the sound equipment will be located in a closet somewhere in the building. The DJ will have a rack with a Windows 7/10 laptop and a Blurex WiFi antenna. We need to have a decent signal around the building (Almost the size of a Wal-Mart) with a some-what simple set up.

I need to know my options for hopefully only having one single access point or router located somewhere, as I doubt they will allow us to plug our digital mixer in to the main rack directly. (Plus, that allows for someone to download the app and control it)

I am thinking a powerful unit with a big, powerful antenna that can hopefully be located outside of the room? I am at a loss here guys, and this needs to be installed and functional in August.

WiFi antenna: https://www.amazon.com/Blurex-Wireless-N-Network-performance-increase/dp/B00KXAFYZS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Mixer: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-X-Air-XR12-12-Input-Digital-Mixer-with-Gator-Padded-Carry-Bag-Cables-/262841878443?hash=item3d3298c7ab:g:sLAAAOSwepJXVx3f

PLEASE HALP MEH!

-Hunter

wait you want to have a lan that your computer, phone and mixer is connected to?

1 hour ago, techman678 said:

I need to know my options for hopefully only having one single access point or router located somewhere, as I doubt they will allow us to plug our digital mixer in to the main rack directly. (Plus, that allows for someone to download the app and control it)

control the mixer that will be connected to the main rack?

@techman678 Is this building like Walmart with open floor plan. Or are there lots of walls in play? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11#History this should help with distance calculations. WiFi and Range can be very limited. Keep in mind, the FCC dictates how much power a router or AP can broadcast and I think its limited to 1 watt of power. You will need to make sure the router is in a centralized location and high up, then you might have a chance. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Are you able to draw up a digram of what you're after? Chances are you're looking at a P2P wireless bridge.

On 4/24/2017 at 3:48 AM, techman678 said:

I am thinking a powerful unit with a big, powerful antenna that can hopefully be located outside of the room? I am at a loss here guys, and this needs to be installed and functional in August.

WiFi antenna: https://www.amazon.com/Blurex-Wireless-N-Network-performance-increase/dp/B00KXAFYZS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Think again. The chances of this working are very minimal, only due to restrictions. This antenna might be able to pick up a signal further away, but if the access point cannot pick up the signal of the antenna, which is likely, it'll be a one-way road which won't work obviously.

So what are your options?

Well you can try to convince them to install a proper wireless system throughout the building. Granted an open floorplan and Wallmart-sized you might be able to live with 5 APs. You could additionally try mesh, considering you wouldn't need to push much bandwidth. This would only require power instead of power and ethernet (or a PoE Switch).

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 6:42 PM, Remix said:

Think again. The chances of this working are very minimal, only due to restrictions. This antenna might be able to pick up a signal further away, but if the access point cannot pick up the signal of the antenna, which is likely, it'll be a one-way road which won't work obviously.

So what are your options?

Well you can try to convince them to install a proper wireless system throughout the building. Granted an open floorplan and Wallmart-sized you might be able to live with 5 APs. You could additionally try mesh, considering you wouldn't need to push much bandwidth. This would only require power instead of power and ethernet (or a PoE Switch).

Their I.T. team won't let me near the config of their system, otherwise I would just set us up a SSID with the name hidden.