why the hell all the veterans leaving the forum.

NTDaws

I wish they hadn't taken dexx's farewell post down, I never got to see it

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

The forum software downgrade change turned a lot of people I talk to off with this forum, that and the fanboying got to be a bit much to bear.

I only come back for the 2 posts that show up in the anime thread every few weeks.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Reviving this thread, because I only came across it now.

A lot of people leave because the forum is addicting.

I've also felt these effects believe it or not. sometimes, during an important explanation or lecture in class, I just browse the forums, and it sometimes legitimately hurts my education :(

Sometimes, the forum takes up too much of your life, and you need to take a break.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Addiction is real and should be treated asap.

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

I've also felt these effects believe it or not. sometimes, during an important explanation or lecture in class, I just browse the forums, and it sometimes legitimately hurts my education :(

Sometimes, the forum takes up too much of your life, and you need to take a break.

1 hour ago, RadiatingLight said:

Yep, Sometimes you just need a break. 

i come back once a blue moon though most of the post i've done are in off topic lol. according to my profile been here since... Untitled.jpg.f76df2542bfa24b4bed747f754efd197.jpg

lives on

BAKABT

On 4/24/2017 at 0:14 PM, arnavvr said:

Same thing, maybe I've just matured (made my LTT account when I was 11) but I'm just not that interested in PCs anymore.

Genuinely interested what are your interests now? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I've been coming to this forum less and less because I lost interest in pc building and gaming. I'm not a veteran. Just sharing my experience. Another reason I went off for a while was because the apple hate trend annoys me. But on the other hand there are a lot of Mac users at this forum. ( some of them have a desktop pc while others don't ) and I learned a lot from those people. So, if you replied to my post about Mac and macOS, you know I'm talking about you guys. And I wanna say thank you. :) 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

You can't really blanket every reason for leaving into one post. Everyone has a different reason for leaving themselves. Sometime IRL bites you in the ass, you have different feelings than the majority of posters, or you find a different community that suits your needs. 

Me personally, consumer PC tech has been super boring since taking interest in 2005. One reason being not much has evolved from the ATX formula. Another reason more recent is you don't get new hardware that blow the previous gen out of the water anymore. All you get is incremental steps because lack of competition. About the only exciting thing in the past 3 years for me has been Ryzen.

The reason for me getting into PCs has also fallen off in interest; that is gaming. I got into PCs because of Halo PC, which may seem odd; However, Halo PC was very popular. Then I got into World of Warcraft, that entertained me for about 8 years then my friends started quitting and the expansions slowly became more and more money grab, time gated content to keep you subbed so I distanced myself. I don't like how every FPS now days has a leveling system where you have to "unlock" things. I dislike getting jaded by nostalgia, but there was something more satisfying about just joining a Halo server and just playing the game rather than obsessing over unlocking guns or skins and ranking up. 

I essentially made an account here for a contest, and stuck around for the car thread. Cars are much more interesting to me than consumer PC tech. Not to knock fans of that, because its still an interest of mine. Just a lesser hobby. Being part of a car community that dips into both interests is extremely valuable to me socially.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra