why the hell all the veterans leaving the forum.

NTDaws
15 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

i'm a little confused, if you guys are having problems in real life. I still don't get why you leave the forum. Makes zero sense in my opinion.

It's all part of the coverup man. read my Cover up post in this forum and you will understand why. :) i gots my tinfoil hat ready dude

I'm still here (check my profile to see when I joined).

The only reason I'm still here is because of the car thread in Off Topic. And sometimes I want to see some nice builds. But the main reason I don't post that often anymore is because it's all the same questions, all the same answers, over and over again. I've seen it for years now.

1 hour ago, Being Delirious said:

real life

Because its better to live life offline then be wrapped up on this shit online.

I've been here for a while (2015) and I haven't left. I would consider myself here for a long time but not a veteran.

This account was made in Feb 2017 but my old account is here @Buizel10

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

I'm still here (check my profile to see when I joined).

The only reason I'm still here is because of the car thread in Off Topic. And sometimes I want to see some nice builds. But the main reason I don't post that often anymore is because it's all the same questions, all the same answers, over and over again. I've seen it for years now.

I do agree with this. Same things over and over with the same answers given... I do feel people do not take the time to do research and just go HELP ME RIGHT MEOW!!! im to lazy to go search the answers myself. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I do agree with this. Same things over and over with the same answers given... I do feel people do not take the time to do research and just go HELP ME RIGHT MEOW!!! im to lazy to go search the answers myself. 

Aside from news, I find myself rarely going into any tech forums nowadays unless I've literally nothing to do.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Well at least I tried with my Vegetarians joke. Though I should have made it about Vegans I would have triggered far more people then.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Well at least I tried with my Vegetarians joke. Though I should have made it about Vegans I would have triggered far more people then.

Well you would be happy to know I had Minestrone soup for dinner... 

but I did have it with a smoked Turkey sammich.. and it was delish!!!

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Aside from a few people having some really interesting discussions, it's a sea of "My PC died, halp", "is x better than y?" (they're the same, and you're the 1000th person to ask) and "will I bottleneck?" junk that just repeats over and over.

Plus, you can only do the same thing for so long before you want to move on, you know?

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Honestly, asides from mods and admins, I never got why most people stick around as long as they do.

Most forums consist of people asking the same questions, often times basic ones (albeit not always easy to Google with their personalized search bullshit). Then there are the trolls, and what few interesting conversations typically don't last that long.

Hell, I only hang around in hopes that @MageTank does his RAM OC guide, talk to @leadeater on occasion, and in hopes that Thread212 will come back and I can talk to her again. I generally get bored of a forum after a week otherwise.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Sierra Fox said:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Not even that, you just get bored with things. Like playing a certain game for too long, eventually you get tired of it and want to move on to a new thing.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Honestly, asides from mods and admins, I never got why most people stick around as long as they do.

Most forums consist of people asking the same questions, often times basic ones (albeit not always easy to Google with their personalized search bullshit). Then there are the trolls, and what few interesting conversations typically don't last that long.

Hell, I only hang around in hopes that @MageTank does his RAM OC guide, talk to @leadeater on occasion, and in hopes that Thread212 will come back and I can talk to her again. I generally get bored of a forum after a week otherwise.

I really only find the Servers and NAS section all that interesting, it's the reason I am even here after all. I've always liked helping people in that area and in networking, business scale network, and I love to hear what others are doing.

Far as general computers go I don't find much interesting about that at all, parts are just parts and alone are very boring. Do something exciting with them and I'll take notice :)

P.S. Being a moderator actually sucks, but don't tell anyone.

I guess I should make a serious contribution.

While I don't really think I'm a veteran (3 years is really not that much in terms of internet forums to me) I guess for how fast members cycle through I am probably a veteran. 

I post quite a bit and while things get slow from time to time there's almost always something that's genuinely interesting to me: product launches, new takes on things, etc. The fact that new people come in and old people stop coming in is true of any large community so when people get a bit more personally invested in forum friends or people they generally talk to they'll basically burn themselves out way faster once most of those people naturally leave.

So in the end most of the time I don't really personalize anything with any of you, even if I recognize many of you and occasionally mock or comment on previous posts from you I am mostly talking out loud and mostly to myself. That's why you might realize how many of the threads I start are about asking opinions on matters I am usually fairly certain about but just like to hear some of the things I think echoed to fake a bit of social interaction and not end up like Zarathustra (Or if that reference is not very clear, think Unabomber)

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Do something exciting with them and I'll take notice :)

If I had more money and time, you'd see interesting mods from me, mostly revolving around anime and games.

One concept I've had was for a Patema Inverted case, which would follow the anime's theme, and the system would be designed to look like it's falling up.

Another is a OneShot mod on something like an Enthloo Evolv, with hand painted TG sides and the lightbulb insignia in front, as well as audio queues (power on, etc), pulled from the game's noises.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

One concept I've had was for a Patema Inverted case, which would follow the anime's theme, and the system would be designed to look like it's falling up.

Now that would look really awesome. Wonder if it would be possible to have the motherboard on the bottom of the case when turned off then flips/lifts up to the top when turned on... hmmm.

i come for the free salt. Also, it never gets old saying "have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

seriously, i go dormant often and come back when hot and heavy when new tech is out

38 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I guess I should make a serious contribution.

While I don't really think I'm a veteran (3 years is really not that much in terms of internet forums to me) I guess for how fast members cycle through I am probably a veteran. 

I post quite a bit and while things get slow from time to time there's almost always something that's genuinely interesting to me: product launches, new takes on things, etc. The fact that new people come in and old people stop coming in is true of any large community so when people get a bit more personally invested in forum friends or people they generally talk to they'll basically burn themselves out way faster once most of those people naturally leave.

So in the end most of the time I don't really personalize anything with any of you, even if I recognize many of you and occasionally mock or comment on previous posts from you I am mostly talking out loud and mostly to myself. That's why you might realize how many of the threads I start are about asking opinions on matters I am usually fairly certain about but just like to hear some of the things I think echoed to fake a bit of social interaction and not end up like Zarathustra (Or if that reference is not very clear, think Unabomber)

This is so real it hurts. Please misanthrope, my dude, don't break the illusion of a community of vets for the new members.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

It's because this is the kind of behavior that is encouraged by the "community standards" in the name of being "welcoming". The forum is basically a question thread free-for-all where directing people to Google or previously asked questions is forbidden. As a result, the baseline quality of content stagnates around the beginner level and there is little to hold the interest of experienced members.

32 minutes ago, Atmos said:

This is so real it hurts. Please misanthrope, my dude, don't break the illusion of a community of vets for the new members.

Well let's do a disclaimer: 

"The opinions and stances of Misanthrope DO NOT represent those of the veteran posters here on LTT Forums"

Also,

Spoiler

GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

It's because this is the kind of behavior that is encouraged by the "community standards" in the name of being "welcoming". The forum is basically a question thread free-for-all where directing people to Google or previously asked questions is forbidden. As a result, the baseline quality of content stagnates around the beginner level and there is little to hold the interest of experienced members.

Far as I'm aware linking someone to an existing topic is perfectly acceptable. Giving someone a LMGTFY link, or just saying google it, isn't helpful which is the reason it's not allowed.

I do understand your point, I think it has more to do with the constant influx of new members which will naturally mean similar questions will be asked that have been covered in the past.