MasterFans comparable to Pure/SilentWings?

iM8Pizza

Good day everyone

I'm currently on the market to buy a new fan since my old fan (a stock one) gets loud after a long session, thus I'm looking for a new fan. As for now, I've ordered 1 MasterFan Pro 120 AirFlow since it's what available in my country.

I've heard many great things regarding the SilentWings and would like to know if the MasterFan is comparable to it (bequiet! products aren't available in my country (Indonesia)) and lastly if you guys have better recommendation for case fans that's better than the MasterFan, then please do tell me.

Thanks in advance, I don't like poo

No, MasterFan Pros aren't nearly as quiet and don't perform that well at lower rpm.

They're decent and provide good airflow at moderate to high rpm but aren't in the same category as PW2's or SW3's which are well-performing fans that are extremely quiet.

If you would like a fan recommendation, tell us where you're shopping/located, budget, and where you're using the fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

No, MasterFan Pros aren't nearly as quiet and don't perform that well at lower rpm.

They're decent and provide good airflow at moderate to high rpm but aren't in the same category as PW2's or SW3's which are well-performing fans that are extremely quiet.

If you would like a fan recommendation, tell us where you're shopping/located, budget, and where you're using the fans.

Thanksbfor the kind answer.

I live in Indonesia, the budget would be around the silentwings price although if there are better fans with higher price I would still go for it, and I'm planning to use 3 fans with the following place:

1. The front, half of it is blocked by the harddrive cages (won't remove it, I have 4 HDDs)

2. The side, only restricted by the fan filter

3. The back

*Oh, a recommendation for heatsink fan would be nice too, I'm currently using the Deepcol Gammaxx 400

Cheers :D

4 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

I live in Indonesia, the budget would be around the silentwings price although if there are better fans with higher price I would still go for it, and I'm planning to use 3 fans with the following place:

1. The front, half of it is blocked by the harddrive cages (won't remove it, I have 4 HDDs)

2. The side, only restricted by the fan filter

3. The back

*Oh, a recommendation for heatsink fan would be nice too, I'm currently using the Deepcol Gammaxx 400

Cheers :D

It doesn't get much better than SW3's if at all.

What are your specs and why are you looking to replace your cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It doesn't get much better than SW3's if at all.

What are your specs and why are you looking to replace your cooler?

i5-3330

Sapphire Tri-X R9 390

WD Black x2

WD Blue x2

Gammaxx 400

Thermaltake Toughpower 750W

The reason for channgin the fan is because my stock case fans have become audibly loud during long session

18 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

The reason for channgin the fan is because my stock case fans have become audibly loud during long session

Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

The stock fans are molex connected only, no 3/4pins

2 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

The stock fans are molex connected only, no 3/4pins

What fans are they and what case are you using?

If they're just powered from the psu, there should be no change in their acoustics regardless of how long of a session you use the system for. Are you sure that it's these fans that are too loud?

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What fans are they and what case are you using?

If they're just powered from the psu, there should be no change in their acoustics regardless of how long of a session you use the system for. Are you sure that it's these fans that are too loud?

a generic fan and a generic case (Dazumba, that's the brand name)

It became noticeable during that long session (leaving it out to download etc), mostly because at that point my stabilizer will get buzzing and when the buzzing is done, I notice the fan is comparable to it. 

6 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

a generic fan and a generic case (Dazumba, that's the brand name)

It became noticeable during that long session (leaving it out to download etc), mostly because at that point my stabilizer will get buzzing and when the buzzing is done, I notice the fan is comparable to it. 

Firstly, make sure that the source of the noise is indeed the fans. Does stopping the fans with your hands stop the noise?

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Firstly, make sure that the source of the noise is indeed the fans. Does stopping the fans with your hands stop the noise?

It does stop the noise

21 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=pd_sim_147_15?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00VNW556I&pd_rd_r=7M2PMP7ZMGS77SE7JWXW&pd_rd_w=lchN2&pd_rd_wg=zvysb&psc=1&refRID=7M2PMP7ZMGS77SE7JWXW

Hey there, this might be going out of topic but will the linked product work through CPU_FAN header? I believe my motherboard (ASUS B75M-A) CPU_FAN header is PWM

thanks in advance

13 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

It does stop the noise

In that case, go ahead and grab 2-3 SW3's--hard to go wrong with.

12 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=pd_sim_147_15?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00VNW556I&pd_rd_r=7M2PMP7ZMGS77SE7JWXW&pd_rd_w=lchN2&pd_rd_wg=zvysb&psc=1&refRID=7M2PMP7ZMGS77SE7JWXW

Hey there, this might be going out of topic but will the linked product work through CPU_FAN header? I believe my motherboard (ASUS B75M-A) CPU_FAN header is PWM

Yes, that works although I'm not sure why you would need so many headers.

On 4/26/2017 at 1:35 PM, WoodenMarker said:

In that case, go ahead and grab 2-3 SW3's--hard to go wrong with.

Yes, that works although I'm not sure why you would need so many headers.

SW3 is not available in my country, so perhaps a comparable fan? (is MasterFan comparabale to it?)

Agreed, I don't need that many but I don't found one with only 3-4 PWM header

12 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

SW3 is not available in my country, so perhaps a comparable fan? (is MasterFan comparabale to it?)

Agreed, I don't need that many but I don't found one with only 3-4 PWM header

MasterFans aren't nearly as quiet.

Can you link us to where you're shopping? What's your budget?

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

MasterFans aren't nearly as quiet.

Can you link us to where you're shopping? What's your budget?

but do they perform as well as SW3? *not the noise

sentracomputer.com (not many options, but I can order stuff from there)

the budget would be around SW3 price

9 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

but do they perform as well as SW3? *not the noise

sentracomputer.com (not many options, but I can order stuff from there)

the budget would be around SW3 price

They perform as well but isn't the reason you're replacing the fans due to noise?

Where else are you shopping? I don't see MasterFans at this shop.

On 4/29/2017 at 5:00 AM, WoodenMarker said:

They perform as well but isn't the reason you're replacing the fans due to noise?

Where else are you shopping? I don't see MasterFans at this shop.

There is one now at that store (dozen of them actually), and I got my hands on one of them.

Might not as silent as SW3 but certainly more silent compared to my stock fans. 

Compared to MasterFans, is NF-S12A more silent? I changed my mind about the poo color

tokopedia.com

2 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

There is one now at that store (dozen of them actually), and I got my hands on one of them.

Might not as silent as SW3 but certainly more silent compared to my stock fans. 

Compared to MasterFans, is NF-S12A more silent? I changed my mind about the poo color

tokopedia.com

It doesn't get much quieter than NF-S12A's if at all especially without sacrificing performance. They're much quieter and about as good as it gets when it comes to quiet airflow in areas with low restriction.