Tight fit for CPU cooler

Gavin Marx

Hi there. I know I might have some people judge me but I was trying to look for answers online but I came up short, there was nothing I found. Theres an upgrade kit with an MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON USB 3.1 Motherboard + Intel Core i5 7600K 4.2GHz CPU + Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM Red with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Cooler for free. But I checked my PC Case specs which supports 155mm CPU Coolers and the previously mentioned cooler is 160mm. Or I could go for the Cooler Master Hyper 212x Cooler which stands at 158mm, still too tall for my case. So my question is, is it possible to "crush/squash" the mentioned coolers the 5mm or 3mm respectfully? And if so, is it recommendable to do it??

There's no way u can squeeze it.

There are 3 option.

Dont use side panel or buy a new case or other Low profile CPU cooler

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

The 212x and 212 are both the same height at 157-158mm tall.

What case are you referring to?

If there isn't enough clearance, it isn't going to fit without modding.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hammering cooler to be shorter? Bad idea. Hammering case to allow taller coolers? Better idea.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv